Interesting Japanese Apollo models...

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hi David,

I have to ask - I saw your avataar photo - are you by any chance a piper? I play the GHB myself nowadays. I hadn´t played the pipes for over twenty years but last fall, I joined a school band here in Stockholm:

I am aiming to beome a member of the Grade 4 band in a year or two.

Bengt aussie
  2. Brut

Brut New Member

I please and me to introduce into the list of those desiring to acquire these models
  3. mvink

mvink Member

Me too, what he said!:wave:

4. Brut

Brut New Member

I would say this:
    "Please add me to the list of those who want one or more of these models."

Sorry for my English, it was translated elektrony
  5. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi Bengt:mrgreen:

I have all 3 of DM productions 1/96 FANTASTIC creations.(LUT/Crawler Transporter/Launch Pedestal)

Queued up on my to do list along with everything elsewall1wall1wall1.

Do you know if his 1/64 LUT will be a scale up of his 1/144 or a complete redesign with a lot more detailing (cable trays,etc...)???:twisted:

Attached Files:

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hello, Wayne,

The last time I had e-mail correspondence with David Maier, he mentioned in passing that he had thought of designing a larger LUT model and that 1:64 scale is one of the considerations. I was enquiring about a 1:48 scale model, to blend in with one of the Saturn V or 1B models in this scale.

We didn´t discuss this further, so I really don´t know. However, at this scale, it would be my guess that it would have to have a slightly better resolution and a bit more detailing, perhaps in the swing arms and top lightning mast, for example.
    The 1:96 model, it seems to me, has reached the limit of up-scaling resolution. The square image pixels in the print of a larger model would be much too obvious.

I agree with you that this is a wonderful model design - the colors seem to me to be very true to the original, for example the green-gray MLP with the 'cool' yellow frame around the blast chamber. The detailing is also very good, for example the MLP hold-down arms & service masts, or the intricate Colby crane. On the whole, it is very much a card model to my liking.

Bengt :thumb:
  7. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Thanks for the information Bengt:thumb:

I have been putting off my LUT build because I wish to follow in the same steps of George B's build by removing a lot of the 2D flat design and adding 3D cable trays,piping,etc....

I must say that DM productions Crawler Transporter is the most detailed 1/96 available at the moment and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
    :inw:Sir Alfonso's(AXM's) 1/144 is a nice clean build but does not compare in detail to Dave Maiers.

It is a shame that nobody seems to be able to purchase these Apollonia models from around the globe they are missing out on a big overseas sale marketwall1

8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollonia 1:48 Scale Japanese Paper Models

Exactly, Wayne,

We are some members here that are hoping that 'n810' might be able to help us out, via a friend that he has in Japan - we are crossing our fingers and praying . . .

Bengt :thumb:
  9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollonia 1:48 Scale Japanese Paper Models

That is great news, n810,

Thank you for the update - all is not lost yet.

Bengt :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  10. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Why didn't I think of that! Well done! Kindly add me to your list as I'd be happy to pony up for it!
  11. the mole

the mole Member

Thanks Mldixon order has been sent. Thanks for tracking this down.:thumb:
  12. lairdre

lairdre Member

New web page at Apollonia

If you take a look at the Apollonia site you will see some more models. They have an Apollo stack which includes LUT and transporter in 1/87 HO scale.

It looks to me like a preview, since there is no pricing for it nor is it on the site where it can be purchased.

I also just purchased the Apollo 8 S IVB.

13. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

Could you possibly post a link to the page with the stack, LUT, crawler? I've not been able to find it and would love to take a look at what they may eventually offer.

Thank you.

14. lairdre

lairdre Member

There is a policy against posting links. Search for Apollonia paper models and you will find it.

15. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I searched and I looked all over their site but I couldn't find anything.
  16. lairdre

lairdre Member

The Apollo stack and LUT do not appear to be on sale, but you can click the link on their page and you will be taken to thier sales site. Only 4 models are currently being offered for International sale.

If someone wants the links PM me and I will let you know what it is.

17. the mole

the mole Member

I do hope we can some how get are hands on one of those LUT and transporter in 1/87 scale kits when they come avable. That looks like a real nice model.
  18. lairdre

lairdre Member

Apollonia Orders

For those of you who have ordered from WHJapan, how long did it take before they acknowledged your order? I'm just curious. They don't bill unitl they ship, but its been about 5 days for me.
  19. the mole

the mole Member

Like you, I am waiting for my acknowledgment of my order. It has been 5 days also. Maybe this week.
  20. the mole

the mole Member

Just got my Payment Request.