Interesting Japanese Apollo models...

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Jun 5, 2008.

1. moonracer

moonracer New Member

Hello Yu
    I am interested in each case also in these CD. If there is the possibility these to order, please tell me!!
  2. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

Let me throw my name in for a request also. . .

and instructions?! I don't need no stinking instructions! :twisted:

(ok, sometimes it helps)

3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollonia 1:48 Scale Paper Models

Hi all,

Well, it seems that Apollonia has a great many new customers overseas, who are also more than willing to build the models from pictures and parts numbers. I, too, have built many fine models from Japan (Canon Papercraft), Poland, Russia and the Czech Republic, so that is not the main problem.

Perhaps we could have them ship a number of DVDs to anyone of us, who could then deliver to the other members? Any bright ideas as to how this could be solved? I am sure we could arrange something beneficial for all.

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :thumb:
  4. gpw

gpw Member

Since I was watching this thread I had the hope that at least somebody of you will be successful buying a DVD from Apollonia. Those models look very nice and detailed and are a must for us space paper modellers. So there should be a way to get them.

I agree with Bengt: If there is no possibility for a direct purchase with Appolonia maybe there is anybody who could take over this job for us. If model instructions are the problem we could offer support to Appolonia.

Not being able to buy those models while knowing about their existance would drive me crazy - so put me on the list Yu. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hope dies last

5. YuG

YuG Member

At this point, I have not received reply from the publisher:cry:
    I'll be on the road from tomorrow morning for about one week.
    I'll try to contact them after come back home....
  6. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Me too! I want to build that MQF!

7. YuG

YuG Member

This morning came back from business trip and found out APOLLO 13 kit's DVD was delivered but there was no reply from them by e-mail to the query of overseas sales:cry:

In addition to the demand and Japanese explanation, they seem to have not established paypal account because the payment method to them was through a bank transfer.....

Quickly having taken a look at instruction, it is very detailed with picture so I think everybody can assemble it without reading Japanese explanation

About Apollo 18 I found at their site the price is as same as Apollo 13

Attached Files:

8. the mole

the mole Member

YuG you are one lucky guy.
  9. YuG

YuG Member

According to my experience, it was the case I sent money personally from Japan to Thailand, remittance charge was about US$65 regardless of amount sending.....
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hello all,

Has anyone, besides Yu, been able to order and get DVDs or CDs from Apollonia Models? I am still very much interested in their detailed Apollo CSM and Saturn models.

Hello Yu,
    Do you think that you could help some of the interested members with ordering a couple of the Apollonia DVDs, if we send you money, in a manner of your choice, and cover all your expenses and shipping costs? That would be great. Time is not important to me, so if you could help, I am prepared to wait. Thank you.

Very best regards from Stockholm,
  11. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Hi Bengt,
    on march the 4th i sent another email to they, to ask if they accept international order, but no answer till today ..... :confused:

Best, Nando
  12. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

greed. I have emailed twice with no response.
  13. gpw

gpw Member

This gives me hope again n810, I am looking forward to your next post.

14. the mole

the mole Member

I'm in n810. Hope you have good luck on this quest.:thumb:
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Thank you, n810!

Count me in, too. It would be very nice if we could do a joint order and then divide the DVDs between us.

What is your first model/s of choice?

16. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Hurrà n810! :wave7:

I was desperate and You light up new hope!

Count me in, too.

Thanks, Nando :thumb:
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Japanese Apollonia 1:48 Apollo - Saturn V Scale Paper Models

Hi n810,

Have you gotten any e-mail reply from your friend in Japan? Just curious . . .

I hope that I will some day be able to order that beautiful Apollo 8 S-IVB and the Launch Escape System model.

Still hoping,
    Bengt :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  18. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Yeah, I REALLY want to build that Apollo Lunar Quarantine trailer!
  19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollonia 1:48 Scale Japanese Paper Models

Yeah, that´s a really nice one - sort of looks like a huge 50s camper. I remember like it was only yesterday when Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin & Neil Armstrong had returned from the Moon and was smiling and waving to the World from a window inside that big trailer . . .

How about this model - isn´t it one of the most amazing real space card models you have seen?:
    Btw, listen to Apollo 8 commander Jim Lovell and CAP COM at the Cape talking to each other in the audio clip!
    This huge model incorporates an Apollo C/SM in 1:48 scale as well as the magnificent Saturn IV-B J-2 rocket engine, which now will be used again (in an updated version) in the upcoming NASA Constellation-Ares program.

Imagine this model slightly tweaked as a Saturn V-Apollo 11 model, if you will, complete with the Launch Escape Subsystem tower & CM cover, on top of Ton Noteboom´s massive 1:48 scale Saturn V model, with a 1:48 U-Don Lunar Module inside (legs folded), and perhaps with the addition of the new S-I (Stage 1) 1:48 model and the five detailed Saturn V F-1 engines from Dutch wonderkid designer Greelt Peterusma at the very bottom. Now wouldn´t that be a real knock-out model of the whole shebang?

I also happen to know that David R. Maier of DM Productions is planning a printed 1:64 LUT & MLP card model - who knows, there might even be a 1:48 LUT model some time in the future . . ?
    Here´s a link to his wonderful 1:96 scale LUT & MLP model (I have just bought one), to which there is also a detailed crawler transporter model:

These Apollonia models are definitely 'eye-candy' for me,
    /Bengt :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  20. sakrison

sakrison Member

Please add me to the list of those who want one or more of these models.