Interested in starting in N scale-Looking for feedback on many things

Hookups

Mar 11, 2006
Berlin Hts Ohio
Hello all,

After coming to the point that I am done with my R/C racing career, I am now going to jump back into the R/R hobby again.

I have a few questions about N scale, I am sure some of you can help.

First, I would like to know what is some of the better companies that make N scale engines and rolling stock. I have looked at alot of Model Railroader mags, but would like the input from people that use N scale. Also, what would be the best track to use?

The layout that I am planing, would be a large yard, (I really enjoy switching), and a loop for when I am in the mood just to sit back.

Any web sites on N scale that are good to look at?

I am sure that I will have more questions later, but thanks to those that post with some answers.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Hookups said:
First, I would like to know what is some of the better companies that make N scale engines and rolling stock. I have looked at alot of Model Railroader mags, but would like the input from people that use N scale.

www.Katousa.com, www.atlasrr.com, www.redcaboose.com, www.athearn.com, www.intermountain-railway.com, www.micro-trains.com just to name a few. These all have GREAT rolling stock and engines. Don't forget about Walthers to, www.walthers.com, they have almost everything you need for the MRR world!!!

Hookups said:
Also, what would be the best track to use?

Atlas Code 80 (http://www.atlasrr.com/Trackmisc/ncode80.htm) or Atlas Code 55 (http://www.atlasrr.com/Trackmisc/ncode55.htm), that is just my opinion. I like the Atlas track better then any of the other stuff out there.

Hookups said:
The layout that I am planing, would be a large yard, (I really enjoy switching), and a loop for when I am in the mood just to sit back.

I like switching layouts to, my new N scale layout is a HUGE steel mill that is 10' long. Starting it this week.

Hope this answeres your questions for now :D :D