Interchanging Fluids

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by hilldrum, Jan 12, 2007.

1. hilldrum

hilldrum Member

:wave: Hello All,

I mentioned thins in another thread here, but I got no known reply.
    But, anyway, is it deemed safe to interchange Lionel smoke fluid w/ K-line engines? Because I running low on the k-line fluid, and probably won't be going back to the hobby shop this weekend, But I like the plumes coming Strasburg Plymouth Switcher, and don't want to turn the unit off.

---Thanks, Hill
  2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

It is all the same stuff.
  3. Brian R.

Brian R. Member

Smoke Fluid

As Gil mentioned it is all the same, however I would suggest using JT's Mega-Steam. The smoke leaves less residue on the engines and provides ALOT more smoke then Lionel's smoke liquid does. I used the Lionel smoke in my challenger for awhile and it wasn't smoking to well, then I switched to Mega Steam and big white puffs of smoke started comming out of both smoke stacks. This smoke is by far the best. Here is the link. you can find it at most hobby stores as well. Good Luck.
  4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

For me I see no difference between either but I do use Mega because my LHS only has it.
  5. hilldrum

hilldrum Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Know I know to use any others. BTW: I saw the different types of big steam several years ago, when it wasn't that popular but I didn't think about getting it.

PS: Chief Eagles, If you read this message could you let me know if Ms. Edna has it?

--Thanks, Hill
  6. Jaabat

Jaabat New Member

Lionel smoke fluid will not work well in a K-Line smoke unit. K-Line uses Suethe smoke units, and a different type of fluid is used in them. Either buy some LGB or some Williams smoke fluid for your K-Line smokers.