Insulation Displacement Connectors

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ejen34, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. ejen34

    ejen34 Member


    I am looking for an online source of Insulation Displacement Connectors, I did a forum search and did not find any reference. Would anyone have a recommendation?

    Thank you very much!
  2. MasonJar

    MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

    Try "suitcase" connector... I think there is a discussion or two about these.

    Your most reliable - and cheapest - join is still a soldered one (provided it is done properly).

  3. 91rioja

    91rioja Member

  4. DanRaitz

    DanRaitz Member

    I get mine at ACE Hardware. They call them Connector, Insulated (Tap Splice). The part number for the size 18-14 AWG, 25 count is 3015526.

  5. ejen34

    ejen34 Member

    Many thanks for the help, I am off to ACE, they are down the road a half mile :thumb:
  6. caellis

    caellis Member

    If ACE did not have them they should be available at Home Depot in Bangor.

Share This Page