Insulation Base-Board Layout

Lord Raffles

Greetings.

New to model-trains, but I've done a lot of model work on various wargames in the past and love making terrain. I'm building a board in N Gauge using Plywood as a base with sheets of pink insulation board on top of that, so I can carve in rivers, valleys, etc.

However my question is this - since the railtrack will be on this pink insulation board, I see no way I can tack the track to the board. What should I do? Should I glue the track on instead?

Help! :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Welcome to the Gauge RR forums. In case you're wondering, I moved your thread to here since it will get better exposure and probably more responses than where it was.

We look forward to seeing more of your here and to talk about your progress.

Pooh Bah
I've done a couple of things with track on foam. I've used pins (5 free with every new shirt!) put in at an angle. These do until the ballast is added and glues the whole thing solid. I've also used latex contact cement (not the stuff that dissolves the foam) but this requires care; i usually put the track down, pin outside the rails and then add contact cement. Ballast can be added later.