installing smoke units

redtrain

Aug 22, 2004
Hi,
Does anyone out there know how to install Seuthe smoke units in Broadway limited cab forward engines? I was able to download instructiions on how to do it at one time but I loaned thise instruction out and never got them back. Now I need them and can't remember what site I went to to download them.
Thanks for any response.

Redtrain :)

roch

Jan 1, 2008
Denver, CO
I know this is a useless reply, but I learned something. I did not know you could do a smoke thing. I'll have to try that out some day.

Thank you,

Roch

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
One club member in the modular club I belong to had a BLI steam engine with a factory smoke unit. He ran it with smoke at one show and melted the smoke box front! BLI replaced the locomotive, but if you install a smoke unit yourself and melt something, they might not warrant the engine. The other thing I would warn you about is that smoke units all function by burning oil to make smoke. The smoke also carries unburned oil with it. It doesn't create a problem with Lionel O gauge or LGB large scale trains. They are big and heavy enough to litterally crush though anything to pick up electricity. Your ho scale is another matter. You will find yourself having to clean track more than running trains if you use a smoke unit. If you are running dcc, it gets even worse.

roch

Jan 1, 2008
Denver, CO
:eek: I will never try that. It was bad enough when a cheap train track I had melted just from the heat caused by friction. wall1