inspired by cnw1961

joesho

i will be build a building similar to cnw1961's (kurt) mill building,i will post pictures later when i get more ahead.(btw this is the one that doesnt have brick on it) :D:thumb:

joesho

well heres an update,glued peices together to make it 3-D and then it got a coat of paint:D :thumb:

Attachments

• new building,scratched 010.jpg
    new building,scratched 010.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 145
  • new building,scratched 011.jpg
    new building,scratched 011.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 145

joesho

worked on it all day,its done now,its named after my grandpa "trigs plumbing supply",because my grandpa was a plumber.btw the water tower is scratch built out of a toilet paper roll.:rolleyes: :D cn1961,its not nearly as good as yours but in my eyes it looks ok :wave: :thumb:

Attachments

• trigs plumbing 001.jpg
    trigs plumbing 001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 129
  • trigs plumbing 002.jpg
    trigs plumbing 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 129

MilesWestern

Very cool Joe! It seems you get much better each time you scratchbuild! :) Let's see you replace some plastic buildings with your splendid Creations! ;)

EDIT: What's the red car in the foreground of your last shot? Who makes it?

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
I was @first sceptical (About scratch building a structure) but as I went down the list and saw what you did that looks cool!!

cnw1961

Hey. Joesho, that turned out very nice. I like the skylight on the roof. I still have to figure out how to do them for my Wheeler Co. Very goog job :thumb: .

joesho

TruckLover,thanks for the kind words MilesWestern,over 25% of the buildings are scratchbuilt.also thats not a car its a truck,a very detailed truck made by athern,got it for 5.00 bucks,it was on sale. MadHatter,thats fine sometimes even in sceptical about it my self. cnw1961,thanks for the kind words, after all your building was my insparation. Thankyou for all the kind coments all. anymore comments?questions?criticism???

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
joeshoe, never doubt yourself, as I've said in other threads, one has to tell yourself that as far as you are concerned you are the best. If you didn't take that chance, you wouldn't have that cool structure that we all love- I'm very inspired by it.

Recently I tried installing a decoder into one of my locos and after working for 10 minutes the damn thing blew!! Oh well, I'll just try again!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
There ya go! Scratchbuildng is fun and the more you do it the better you get! One of the challenges for me is cutting out clean looking, squared windows. Looks like you've got that down! Details like those cool signs really add to the overall scene.
Ralph