Inspiration to take pictures

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by grumbeast, Jul 6, 2005.

1. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

After seeing Farmer Ron's photo's I was inspired to pop out this lunchtime with my little 2.1Mp snap camera that my wife bought me. I managed to catch train 501 (a local job out of Truro) on its way to switch a local lumber yard and cement works.

Here are some of the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

A few More

Here is the train as it approaches the cement plant

Attached Files:

3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great photos Graham and catching that little MOW unit is a bonus.
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice shots Graham! That little camera is not at all bad - the colours look great! Seems kind of odd to me that they would need a double-header for a small-sounding switching assignment..... or is there more to it?

Anyway, thanks for the neat photos. :)

5. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Hi Val,

All of the local switch jobs we get here are double headed. The usually run tail-to-tail so it may be a visibility thing as we don't have many Y's Of course it may also be that we get all of the dross and old loco's and they're worried about reliability.

Still it gives me a great excuse to buy two of everything!

6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

We sometimes get a double-headed switcher in at the local fertilizer plant, but it is usually because the rest of the (sometimes very large) train has been left at the junction. They just don't diconnect the locos to move a fwe covered hoppers.

7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Oooh - good thinking!!!! :D :D

8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Great pictures!