insert generic hello thread here

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by jaffro, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I've been lurking here a while now but finally got the urge to post. My name is Nick and I'm from Melbourne Australia.

I'm new to card models, having been a keen plastic kit modeler as a kid, I'm glad to have finally found a hobby that will let me build the larger scale models I always wanted to make, but at a fraction of the cost.

I'm practicing on some free kits right now, while I eagerly await the arrival of my first two kits from papermodelstore, ordered last week. If anyone here from Australia has ordered from papermodelstore and can give me a rough idea how long to expect to wait for that package I'd appreciate that... Although the longer they take, the more confident I'll be to start building.

Until then, I'll continue lurking around the forums being blown away by some of the amazing work you guys are doing... it's great for the inspiration and motivation, keep up the good work.
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy jaffro!:wave:
    Welcome to the cardmodels forums! I'm glad you finally decided to come out of hiding!
    You are certainly using the best approach if you want to learn to model the big kits.
    You have to just jump right in there and get the practice and what better with, than freebies!

I get a lot of my models from papermodelstore and I can't tell you how long it will take
    to get to you but I know the owner will have them shipped out within two days.
    Your only real wait is the actual shipping time.

I sure hope you'll share some of your work with us.
    If you have been lurking a while than you already know, we all love to see those pictures!:twisted:

I look forward to seeing you around and once again, Welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.