Information on HMCS Bonaventure

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by schatzy-d, Sep 30, 2007.

1. lastvautour

lastvautour New Member

I have not been to Shearwater yet. I am not much for driving these days. I hope to make it before I go too far on my 1/144 scale version.

Lou
  2. lastvautour

lastvautour New Member

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I emailed him and he said that the drawings were refit drawings of elements of the ship which no doubt were refitted and not the whole vessel.
  4. lastvautour

lastvautour New Member

Good thing to know. Thanks.
  5. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Nice work there... I was contemplating doing the HMAS Melbourne (Majestic class if not mistaken) instead of my Daring Destroyer as the eventual recipient of the model also served on her. OZMODS have a 1:350 kit of one of the Darings but it was just too small for my liking... I'd love to take on a 1:96 carrier one day but looking at the size of my 1:96 Daring class, I doubt it'll ever happen. :D

Congrats on finishing it.
  6. lastvautour

lastvautour New Member

Jaffro, I too was considering a 1/96 scale HMCS Bonaventure, but building out of solid wood, I could not carry it. I have started a 1/144 model and will probably take a year or more to complete it. The HMAS Melbourne started as a sister ship to HMS Powerful who eventually became the Bonnie. The Melbourne was also modified with an angled deck and modern equipment. It is hard to get a model correctly as they continuously modify the ship throughout its life. I am trying to present the Bonnie as she was before the last refit. In making the 1/350 version, I used some photos of the Melbourne and The Bonaventure during my research. Hope to see your carrier completed.

Lou