Information on Fleischmann

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by dingo, May 29, 2005.

1. dingo

dingo New Member

I am hoping someone is able to help me here.

I have a Fleischmann HO scale train set and I am trying to find out how old it is.
    The set was given to me by my father and he has had it since he was very young (he's now 67). The loco only has the manufacturers name and where it was made but the carriages have "made in the US sector West Germany" stamped on the bottom. The set is complete including tracks, buildings, and scenery and the tracks are made of cardboard not plastic.
    If any one is able to throw some light on the age of this and what modell it is I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. ausien

ausien Active Member

Hi dingo, it would help if you could post a pic or two, but from your discription, it could be from the late 40`s - 50`s, sorry I could not be of more help, but HO is kinda out of my field..have a good one ..steve
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Based on the "made in" mark, it has to be after the war, like Steve says, late 40's to the early 50's. Your father would have had to be about 10 when he got them. You could go on eBay and see what you can find there, or even try Google to see what you come up with.
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Is there any lettering on the sides of the locomotive and cars? Road names and numbers would be helpful, and any extra information e.g. speisewagen. What colours is it painted? Steam or electric or diesel?
    Someone here may remember when the American Sector evolved into the Federal Republic.