Info Website

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by mark, Nov 15, 2003.

1. mark

mark Member

Does anyone have any websites that are good for getting information on model railroading. I found a couple but they are really not broad in scope nor specific enough for me. I am looking for a site where I can get most questions answered with a click of the button(mouse). Thanks Mark:)
  2. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Just ask away Mark, you'll get all your questions answered here and more to. Welcome aboard, Jim :rolleyes:
  3. mark

mark Member

thanks jim,
    if i had anything specific i would ask, but just wanted to do a little reading. and didn´t want to pay for the book and shipping.
  4. mnguy

mnguy New Member

Hello Mark,
    I suppose the NMRA org site and Model Railroader magazine site might be good to start with. ( and

After that, you might want to try going to some of the online forums (such as this one, and,, and to name a few) and use the "search" feature to look up specific questions. Keywords like "design", "benchwork", "turnouts", "DCC", can provide you with a wealth of info, opinions, reviews, and advice.

Of course, is also a great resource. I use it a lot when folks talk about an engine I'm not familiar with and I want to see a picture of it.

Finally, visit some of the forums, and start reading through the topics. Whenever you find someone who has left a URL link to their own page, click off on a cyber side trip to it. Amazing whats in the ether.

Good luck!!