info on sign CD ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jkristia, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jkristia

jkristia Member

I'm looking at an add in RMC for a CD with thousands of RR signs from

Before I spend that kind of money on a CD ($25), I would like to hear from anyone who has actually tried it, to get their opinion on the quality of the clip-arts etc. I'm interested in the time period 1930-1950, how is the selection of signs for that period?

The reason I'm asking is because once I bought a Corel draw clip art CD ($10), and I was very disappointed with the images on the CD, guess you get what you pay for.

2. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

3. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

4. jkristia

jkristia Member

great links, thanks for the info
  5. shortliner

shortliner Member

Info on another group said "leave severely alone - lots of copies of same thing in different sizes, and lots of unusable stuff" - I think the expression used was " if I'd chucked my money in the bin, at least I'd have saved on postage!"
    Shortliner(Jack) away up here in the Highlands
  6. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

If that is true, it is a real shame. Since there is enough space on one cd to contain an encyclopedia, there is enough space to contain a lot of signs from every period from 1800's to the present in scales from z to g. There are a lot of sources for old billboard advertising signs in the public domain. Anyone who would put out such a cd and not care enough to put content on there to be worthwhile is a rip off artist.
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Well, everybody has a right to make a buck, but no one has the obligation to help them do it. I have seen that CD advertised and thought seriously about buying it. I'm sure all the author did was scour the net for unlicensed images. That in itself isn't to bad; saves me seaching, downloading and orgainizing, but to shortchange the buyer, that's as you say, a rip off. :( :cry: :( :cry: Besides, there is no gurantee that some of those images might require licenses. I was just reading an article about how easy it is to get these unprotected images and how to keep yourself from copywrite infringments.

Someone has just saved me $35, plus postage, plus handling, plus waiting, plus the agravation of knowing I was taken advantage of. :wave: :wave:
  8. jkristia

jkristia Member

Don, it's "only" $25, not $35.
    I'm sure glad I asked the question, that just saved me $25.