Info needed for Flexitrack

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by thesteamer187, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. thesteamer187

    thesteamer187 New Member

    I am returning to the hobby after many years with Marklin Metal track but I wish to try Flexitrack for the long run track and the sectional track for points and such, what do I ask for in the way of gauge track I know little of such things yet?
  2. jim currie

    jim currie Active Member

    :wave: welcome to the gauge . don't understant compleatly what your after. are you still running Marklin if so is it 2 or 3 rail , or is it tinplate ?
  3. thesteamer187

    thesteamer187 New Member

    thanks for the reply, I have Marklin three rail M type track, I wanted to run all the long tracks in Flexi and use the M track for points and Mashaling yards and laybys etc, but don't know what height of rail to ask for as years ago I tried flexitrack with one of my loco's and it just bumped on the sleepers.
  4. cidchase

    cidchase Active Member

    Hi 187,:wave:
    From what I see, there is only one part number for Maerklin flex track,
    so you don't have options regarding rail height. It's K track without roadbed.
    You might have to get creative connecting to the M track.:D :D
  5. thesteamer187

    thesteamer187 New Member

    You can use conventional Flexitrack, Peco supply an insert brass centre rail that you clip in between the sleepers on flexitrack it comes in 4 feet rolls though I don't know if I can still purchase this as it was bought 6+ years ago. and we have no shops locally selling model railway supplies I would have to drive to the next town a few hours away.

Share This Page