Industrial Cars

WM-N-fan

Jan 27, 2002
Hagerstown Md.
Once at a hobby shop I saw a brand of cars (mainly box cars, but a few hoppers and tank cars) called Industrial. The cars were $2.99 each. How come no one lists it as a brand? I only saw it at one place. I checked a handful of web sites but found nothing!

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I have a few of those: Industrial Rail. I've only seen them in one hobby shop, and never advertised anywhere, either. I got mine as part of a "grab bag" from Trainworld.com. Later, I got some Life-Like freight cars (two box cars and a stock car) that look EXACTLY like the Industrial Rail box cars and stock cars that I got from Trainworld. I wonder if they mainly make cars for other companies...

-Rory

Actually, the IR cars aren't that bad of a deal, if you are set up to handle them properly. Put on some MT trucks (about $25-30 for 10 pairs) and some weights ($1.50 for 12 1/4oz weights with foam tape) some Dullcoat and you have a fleet ready to roll! 10 cars ready to go on your system for about $55-60 total. Lets see Microtrains beat that!:D :D

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Hmmmm... I know I've tried that address before...I guess I just wasn't holding my mouth right. Anyway, thanks for the link! I wish they had their N-scale line on the site, though. When I get time and money I might make a trip down to my local hobby shop (which isn't local) and see if they have any.

-Rory

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
i've bought a fleet of those i.r cars and they ran good with some work. my local hobby shop gets them in once a month and now i'm getting about 40 more just to fill the rest of my layout i have. i spent around $30.00 for the 35 i have now and yes their is not a big difference in them to life like and model power i spent $100.00 on the fleet of 40 mixed model power cars i have. price is a big factor in my layout. and you can't beet the price on these cars