Indiana Railroad

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by LocoIndy76, Apr 21, 2007.

1. LocoIndy76

LocoIndy76 Member

:thumb: Caught this train headed north into IPL with some coal
    Caught him again at different crossing
  2. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

3. brakie

brakie Active Member

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
  4. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

cool,that was pretty neat :thumb: --josh
  5. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

did they loose the coal cars somewhere in between pics????? lol i was running trains at the club this weekend and had the same problem...... be pulling 25 cars into the tunnal but none comming had a coupler

6. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Very nice.. Question, is 6018 an SD50 or 60? I'm guessing by the number that it's a SD60.
  7. railohio

railohio Active Member

SD60; Soo didn't own any SD50s.
  8. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Excellent pics!
    I like both of those paint schemes as well.
    Although I think I like the red with white lettering a little better.
  9. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

Look under the radiators at the rear (in the 4th photo). There are 8 doors. An SD50 would have only 6.
  10. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Thanks, I never knew how to tell the difference between the two.
  11. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures.:dance:
  12. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Member

Cool pictures. Did you catch these on the southside, or in Greenwood? Those pictures look an awful lot like the area I grew up in.

13. LocoIndy76

LocoIndy76 Member

I can't remember exactly.... Thompson/Harding/Bluff area... few miles north of Southport and Bluff.. I can't remember what the east/west road I am on.....
  14. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I like the way the two locos seem to be almost like opposite images of each other with their respective paint schemes and lettering.
  15. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Member

That's it. Could be Banta, Edgewood or Epler...I knew it looked familiar. I haven't lived there in over 20 years, but it sure was a nice walk down memory lane. When I was growing up there in the 70's I don't think it was IRR on that line. I don't remember who's line that was though.

I really do like the red with white lettering on IRR units. I think it's a sharp look.