Indiana Midland photos with new camera

marty w.

I just finished a few items in my freelanced Indiana Midland. Also got a new camera, these are first pic's, I have not had time to play with it yet.
This is Indiana Midland's 1 of 20 GP-30's

Attachments

• im941 rv.jpg
    im941 rv.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 123

Gary Pfeil

Marty, Very nice! great shots and modeling. Did you make the decals? I think you mentioned a similarity to Koesters Alleghany Midland, it sure is there. Good work.

Gary

marty w.

Thanks Gary and Tyson.
The decals were made by Rail Graphics. He did a great job and helped with the style of lettering for Indiana Midland. For $100.00 I can do approx. 350-400 pcs of rolling stock. That includes the data for many types of cars and loco's. I have not settled on a scheme for the loco's just yet. The Gp-30 is a NKP LL P2K. I just removed numbers and lettering and kept the stripes. I like the look of a NKP loco, but putting the stripes on a loco may be a challange, especially if it has molded on grab irons. Maybe a solid yellow for the nose? I have 4 RS-3 ready to paint and 2 are the classic line which do not have the molded on grabs. I'll see what happens.
Marty

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Marty,
Excellent photos of some really nice equipment! I've used Rail Graphics, and like their product. They have an great thin film decal, and the print quality is superb.
Pete

marty w.

Originally posted by marty w.
For $100.00 I can do approx. 350-400 pcs of rolling stock.
Marty

I did my math wrong.:mad: :mad: :mad:
I can do approx 110 pcs of rolling stock.

Thanks Pete.
Ron was a pleasure to deal with and delivery was excellent.
Marty

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Marty, thats one sweet camera you have, the photo's are excellent, even done to the Macro.
How much was the camera, just out of interest.
Shamus
wink.gif

marty w.

Thanks Shamus
I don't know how much the camera was. We won it as a doorprise at a company Christmas party on Saturday night. First time we have won anything. I was hoping to win the big widescreen TV, but the couple who won it didn't want to trade.:( :( :(
Marty

brakie

Marty,That is one great looking engine! I also like your boxcar.Your layout looks good. Nice work!

Drew1125

Great photos, & great modeling, Marty!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I love the close up shot...
The detailing, & scenery are fantastic also!

marty w.

Thanks for the kind words guy's.

Casey if it was not for you and Shamus those pic's would not be possible. Both of you are good teachers. If you recall you gave me some great tips on lighting and camera use in general.

Thanks,
Marty

jon-monon

Originally posted by marty w.

I did my math wrong.:mad: :mad: :mad:
I can do approx 110 pcs of rolling stock.

Ya that mathamatics isn't all it's cracked up to be. I was a mathmatician last week, now I'm a thug. I just kick whoevers plastic butt the boss says too.

Anywho, great roadname, great font and great colors. Really nice. 20 GP 30's, huh? I thot I was obsessed! :D :D :D

On the stripes, I have a couple of ideas. I got a decal set that has yellow stripes like that. I can look up what it was supposed to go on. Kind of expensive stripes if you have many to do. Another thot, I bought some 1/8" tape. I plan to lay down parallel rows of the stuff, adjacent to each other, peel off every other one, then spary or air brush it. The only thing I can mess up is the angle. The angle of the dangle. Yep. Ya never can tell who that damned things gunna point at.