Incredible Babylon 5 Models

kevo

thank you so much ....... for letting me know now to open the miss named files. as made what I already thought was an out standing model into something out of this world !!!!!!
can't wait to see some build this fantastic model. as it is well beyond my capability at the moment. but rest assured one day I shall be making it.

rbeach84

New to Paper
Dumpster?

Anyone else seeing a "pile" of what appears to be overlapping tiny parts that is displayed 'off the paper' in Pep Viewer? I found this effect in the Omega model and the Starfury 3a. In the Starfury, the parts are various hinge and control arm looking parts.

Just wondering if there is something I need to adjust in my PV settings...
Thanks!

Regards,
Robert

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
If they are "off page", generally this means that the parts are unimportant for building the model.

rbeach84

New to Paper
If they are "off page", generally this means that the parts are unimportant for building the model.
Perhaps, but these parts seem to be significant details (i.e., the Starfury's engine "actuator arms")

Perhaps someone with Pepekura designer could take a look at the PDO's and see if it can be sorted out?

Cheers!

Robert

Tirick

They are definitely fine-detail bits. They may have been omitted due to size/expectation of skill.

It is easier to 'see' them in Viewer, but you can't edit there. I really wish Pep designer had the same x-ray selection view that Viewer had. Nevertheless, I might be able to pull them apart later this weekend if you want.

Which ones are you most interested in (use the file name please)?

Tirick

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Designer does have an x-ray feature I used it designing the paper space marine instructions and am currently using it on a personal project.

Z

Zathros

Maybe if you scale up, the parts become significant. I find the whole cutting process daunting when I look at that model. I was going to reverse engineer one of those based on the plastic models I have of the Star Fury (which aren't 100% accurate) I have one build, and one not built. It would look much different. I don't think I would have very many of those little triangle tabs. No point now though.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
As we discussed, Zathros, I think that these models are game rips (might want to send the link to the game).

Z

Zathros

ARMORMAN and I were discussing that these may have been ripped from a FREEWARE game called "Babylon 5, I've Found Her". It is a prequel to the Babylon series. The game models Newtonian physics and is a real challenge and a blast of game play. Once you have mastered it, there are probably 15 hrs. of solid game play. It is completely free and a couple of new variations are planned. it is a 400 mb or so download, but this is am amazing game. It is not based on anything else. You will enter a real where you fly battles and have to deal with Inertia and other perils, like navigating through Hyperspace. it is excellent, I highly recommend it.

http://ifhgame.ru/main/

The Babylon Project is also excellent, it is based on FreeSpace2.

http://babylon.hard-light.net/

I've Found Her gives a unique game experience I have not see anywhere else. It also comes with software that enables you to write your own games and missions.

Tirick

Designer does have an x-ray feature I used it designing the paper space marine instructions and am currently using it on a personal project.

How do you set it? By default selecting a separated mesh in Viewer hides all other objects in the 3D view. Designer does not do this by default, and I cannot locate that setting. This would be massively invaluable in my projects.

Thank you,
Tirick

Tirick

Yes. I have a licensed version of Pepakura Designer 3.0.8. It is the standard license, not the upgrade with the 3072x texture limit.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Hmm....when I do a "check corresponding face" everything except the specific part goes transparent. This is not working for you?

Tirick

Brings up a big selection list of meshes, but does not automatically hide any, no. I can select from there, but that is hardly as easy and intuitive as the Viewer. I can live without it (obviously), it would just make it much more awesome.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
does the same for me. click off to the side of the objects to de-select. then select an object group in either the 2 or 3d side and that's it.

I am tryin to build a starfury from this site but it is a mess. There are intersections all over these things that need to be fixed before you would get a great looking model out of it. They look great on screen but alot of cuttin and trial fitting as they stand right now. Could one of the great and powerful superhumans we have here maybe try and fix these so we all can enjoy a great model of the Star Fury....PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSEE????

Z

Zathros

These models are being built. Looking at some of the pics makes me think some of these parts should be separated, then put back together.

Please post links to these builds as I would LOVE to follow them, maybe they could help me with my problems with the starfury. If you are only speaking of the gallery pics then I believe when you have the tools and knowledge you can make anything look good thus the problems still exist.
BTW loved Zathros in B5

Z

Zathros

The pictures of the models in the gallery are of the models themselves. Using a translator, I have been to sites there and people are building these models. It doesn't mean some fudging here and there is not necessary, but perseverance pays off. Models like these are very sensitive to accrued intolerance. Why don't you start a build thread with some pics of the problem areas? This would be far more beneficial.

lepaj

26c77639e441.jpg

Here's what turned out to be Omega