Incom T-47 Snowspeeder - 1:20 - www.paper-replika.com

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
I could post some builds here, too, as a registered modeller :)

Star Wars Snowspeeder by Julius Perdana. Fairly large beast in the original scale.

I tried to tune up the cockpit, as in the rather large scale it was a bit too on the simple side. So - the seats got remodelled and the panels were cut to pieces and laminated.

Tuning does not stop at the cockpit :)

Drawn fins in the intakes? No way!

Panelling is pretty nice from the author. Jules is good with the textures. The steps are cut out.

And finished:

Off to planet Hoth (on my PC´s screen :)):

Simple stand for exhibitions (Such fun with such a simple trick :mrgreen: But i really like the effect):

And a little fun in snowy garden (it just _might_ look like a Hoth surface ;))

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
That build looks brilliant mate! The pictures in the snow really make the model seem lifelike. I made one just after it came out, although I scaled it down to 1:50 first. As a point of reference, 1:20 is the same scale as the 3.5" figurines, although you'd have to chop the legs off at the knee to get one to fit.

I made posable pilots for my build, although they are only released in 1:50 and 1:35 scales.

Tirick

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
Thank you. I know about your build, of course. And it got me wondering about the crew, too. I really like your "Paper Protagonist" project. I wondered for a while about your pilots, but they seemed too bulky in the (more than) twice as big scale. I even considered taking some Google 3D warehouse pilots, running them through Pepakura and using them, but as I am not that good, it did not work :(

(But still, I have these links and wonder, if something could be done about them...
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwareho...00cea7298b989c2cc42e133f0&ct=mdrm&prevstart=0
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwareho...c9e4f1c58b989c2cc42e133f0&ct=mdrm&prevstart=0
It definitely looks tempting...)

But the model is on an exhibition till March, which gives me a lot of time to think about it :)

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
Yeah the textures/models on the protagonist are not likely to support such a large scale. Are all of those models in the shots your builds? That looks like the Moldy Crow available here. I've not yet had the time to put that beaut together myself.

loenf

Jul 12, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Impressive,.... most impressive! Very nice your upgrades to the cockpit, the rear gun and the intakes. I also tried to use such a pilot in pepakura, its very difficult, and at least i give it up.

regards Loenf

sabre66

Nov 2, 2011
Out standing
Simply outstanding I want to go bigger so I can sit in one
No not really my wife would leave me