In search of an AT-AT model

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Al hazlet, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

I know there's one out there, but I lost the link. Iseem to recall it was a European site, and maybe had a model of an Owl on it as well?

I am moved to make a couple of these to fight off the cheap snowspeeders I see in the local toystore, but now that I have a need for the model, i can't remember how to find it... :(

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Al,

Star wars you say? you want star wars, well you came to the right place!
    If you need it, I got it, If I aint got it, you dont need it lol. here is the links to all things star wars:

Imperial Landing Craft-
    R2D2 MODEL-

will that be all? lol I hope that helps ya out Al, have a nice evening,

greg aka GW
  3. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

Thank you sir, I think it was that site, but I can't get the link to work.

So I went back through my file cds and found out that I'd downloaded the Japanese model before it was pulled by the artist!

Thanks again for the list of links, though,

Al h
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

5. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

THAT's the one. Thanks a lot!
    Al h
  6. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Thanks to GEEDUBBYA and others, I have obtained a generous amount of Star Wars models, including the AT-AT. The most illlusive of all the models were the ones that were done by a very talented Japanese paper modeler who, unfortunately had to remove the patterns from his website.

I have just completed a redraw, of sorts, of this model in AutoCAD. I have taken the liberty to make things more uniform and symmetrical, and have hatched in the areas using the same color scheme as he originally designed. I did this mostly because I am wanting to build a very large scaled version of this model. All of the lines are very clean as well as the shaded in areas. I am, as we speak, in the process of printing the parts out on 22x28 poster board via my 36" wide inkjet printer. It is roughly a 3x scale, making the overall "foot" diameter, including the "toes" at 4.9".

If you have access to ACAD 2004, I would be happy to share this file with you. Let me know if you want it. The file size is less than 2MB.

I will hopefully be starting on the build of this over the 4th of July weekend. I will make sure to post pictures in my Gallery as I go along. I imagine that the model should stand somewhere in the neighborhood of 20" to 22" inches high. That should make it fairly easy to build, since any halfway small part is fairly large in size.
  7. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

By all means, please send one to:
    I do have Autocad 2004. Now if only I can get it to print out upstairs on the department roll printer...

al hazlet

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Bugman,

Well, I am glad I could be of some help to you, I was just reading over this thread earlier this am, helping yet another modeler out in search of free models.
    I found out really fast that the people here will go out of their way to help anyone who needs help, and I am always willing to help out people, especially if I know I have run across what they are looking for before. Like I say, when I win we all win, I try to share the wealth. And I believe that most modelers here are like that.

Anyway, glad ya got what ya needed and I look forward to seeing some photos, have a good day,

9. bugman72

bugman72 Member

I just sent you the email with the files (ACAD file as well as the jpgs extracted from the PDF files). I also included a description of what I did and why with the drawing. Let me know if you have any problems or questions.
  10. andreasg333

andreasg333 New Member

At At

Bugman72, do you think you could send a non auto cad version of the plans my way? PM me for my email address.
  11. panzer

panzer Member

The Japanese models are back online since a few months:

SF PaperCraftGallery