In memory of Fabrizio Prudenziati - Zio Prudenzio

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Ladies and gentlemen,

As we all know, Fabrizio Prudenziati (Zio Prudenzio) passed away recently.
I would like to invite EVERY MEMBER here at Zealot to go to his website: http://www.zioprudenzio.it/fokker.html and download ANY of his models of your choice, build it and post it here in this thread, to show your appreciation for his work and as a memorial to a GREAT DESIGNER!

I am looking forward to seeing many projects from all of you.
Let's not let his memory (and legacy) die as well.

(*NOTE* If you have already made one of his models, PLEASE post photos of it as well.)

Thank you.

Last edited:

silveroxide

I have many of his figures but have not started on them yet. Hopefully I will get around to them soon. His models are of great quality and he will truly be missed within the paper modeling community. I can see him designing paper angels in heaven.

xBobble

I've done just a few of Zio's models. Ironically, I just finished the Fokker when I heard of his passing. Sad.

Anyway, here they are. The SE5 was done at half size (1:144 scale) 'cause I wanted to see if I could. I saw a few done in this scale at the Wings of Glory website for use in the game and I thought I'd try.

photo (2).JPG

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
@xBobble Thank you for posting your builds! These look GREAT!!! The SE5 turned out REALLY GOOD!!!

xBobble

Especially since I can confirm that the ones in that picture weren't put together terribly well. ;) There's a reason they're oriented for the photo the way they are.

RocketmanTan

His models were among the first I've ever built; they always did evoke a certain sort of 'nostalgia' for me whenever I saw them. If there is an afterlife, I do hope he realizes how much of an impact he had on the community. RIP, Mr. Prudenziati, thanks for your gifts to us.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here is my contribution to honor Mr. Prudenziati, his work and most importantly, his memory.
I built one of his archers. The reason why I chose the archer, is because, I practice archery myself and thought that the archer would be a good way to show such honor, respect and appreciation for the gifts that he so generously and freely gave to all of us.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Mr. Prudenziati for EVERYTHING!!!

MAY YOU REST IN PEACE!!!

IMAG3582.jpg IMAG3585.jpg IMAG3586.jpg IMAG3587.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Outstanding! You really know how to make these models, and bang them out with high quality, I may add. :)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I just visited his site. I wish I could have complimented him on his talent and generosity...

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I just visited his site. I wish I could have complimented him on his talent and generosity...

Just build one of his models (it really does not matter which one) and post it here!!!
I am certain that he would appreciate it!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I say it over and over, grab what you can, it's all going to disappear. Especially as internet borders are being considered.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I am going to download everything that I can, and then create a special section (with all of the proper categories and subsections) in the RESOURCE SECTION especially for Zio's models to honour his memory and so that they will never be lost.
It will take some time, so please be patient. I will make an announcement when I actually start uploading everything.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have an offline copy of his complete website, so if there is anything missing I'll add it.

Papa Mashy

Masher of paper
You have to do a little trial and error picking different snapshot points on the Wayback Machine. (Just click on the timeline bar at the top)
You can get pretty much everything. I think there were only two models I couldn't get to which were the Re 2000 Sagitarius and one of the French Agincourt soldiers.

It would be cool if we could have an hall of fame/memorial area on the site with an obituary and link to the resources contribution to modelling.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We have made a similar contribution to The Webdude's paper models:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
We have made a similar contribution to The Webdude's paper models:
Thank you for the reminder. There are many more files that we still have to upload to finish the collection. I will be getting to that as well as soon as I get the chance.