Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by jon-monon, Apr 13, 2004.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

After a trip to the dentist, I decided to do a little cabeese hunting. I was suspicious, never having seen any rail within 7 or 8 miles of this alleged caboose, never the less, I had a lead to follow up on. Here's what I found, do you think it's an imposter?

Attached Files:

2. Climax1880

Climax1880 Member

I don't think that this would pass ANY inspection to get it on the rails. Note the A/C unit at the end. Somebody's building for their layout?? Hey, you wouldn't have to go to all that trouble. You can get a good used caboose for just a few thousand. Of course, getting it sent to your place and not having the neighbors come at you with tar and feathers... well, that's another story:D :D
  3. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

No Jon, It's not an imposter.
    It was last seen on the low iron of the Fiddleton & Copperopolis RR.
    It was sold off after it was damaged when a snow avalanche delrailed the supply train.
    I think the going price was a keg of moonshine. I suspect the current owner lives in Tennessee or Kentucky. :D

Disclaimer:- This is NOT a reflection on the good residents of those states.

4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I was looking at the picture and arguing with the fellow who gave me the lead to it, and I notice the T-111 siding onthe left is pealing off. I'm sure T-111 has not been around nearly as long as wooden cabeese, so I'm afraid it's a fraud, sorry Errol. OK, it's a shed, or better yet a playhouse, or better yet a hell of a layout room!

It looks well proportioned.
  5. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Looks like a Fraud!! However, It's a real neat
    idea for a back yard building. :D :D :D :D
    I like it :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: