IMPORTANT Keep the public domain free from licensing restraints!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rwguess, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Gil

Gil Active Member

Michael, You catch the point. Why should U.S. taxpayers support and enrich foreign enterprise. U.S. companies and citizens should receive relief from such duty but not foreign interests. One can quickly see that this issue is another poker chip to be used in international trade negotiations. Enforcement would most probably involve injunctive relief which can really propagate unintended consequences. I suggest that we all should look at current law which explicitly states the exact ownership of such property. It might surprise you.

2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Yes, but it hurts me because I want to buy those models since they are otherwise unavailable.
    Also, I'm based in the US, most of my models are designed in Poland- if I want to sell them, I fell under this hammer.
    Is anybody going to buy my P-61 if the price jumps to $32? Don't think so. That in turn means that I can close the door and forget about the hobby.
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Tips of Icebergs, Titantic and Other Natural Phenomenon

Michael, The implication is the protection of one's self interest..., funny how things work wouldn't you agree? The question derived is one of national intellectual property, do nations have sovereign rights to it? And what happens when they all scramble to protect it? -Gil
  4. barry

barry Active Member

Perhaps the unscrupulous rest of the world should rally together and do the same to the USA maybe sell the rights to Bismark,Scharnhorst,Spitfire, Lancaster,Typhoon, Hood, Yamato et al why should our taxpayers pay yours have you not got enough of the world's wealth yet?

Oh dear lads maybe I had better stop drawing Spruance immediately !!!!

Cheer up Shokai they can't do you for at least half the worlds good models.

Look on the bright side England exported football to the world and as John Clease said "No b****r has paid us a penny in royalties yet".

I love you all really

5. shrike

shrike Guest

No, but the RAF does hold an explicit trademark on their roundel. I draw your attention to the credits of the latest installment of the great Wallace and Gromit saga<G>
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

The Illustrated History of World Peace (Condensed Version)

Barry, The Axis powers lost all their IP when they lost the war. The roll toward Allied Victory all started with the invention of SPAM (Spiced Ham, Hormel Meat Co. 1937):

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg, sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg, bacon and spam; egg, bacon, sausage and spam; spam, bacon, sausage and spam; spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam; spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam, tomato and spam; spam, spam, spam, egg and spam; (Vikings start singing in background) spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

Don't miss next months installment: "Crossing the Rubicon"; Shall We Get Our Feet Wet?
  7. barry

barry Active Member

SPAM fritters

Hey Gil

They always said the Yanks ate better, what do you mean bacon AND egg you were lucky if you saw either. I could not look another spam fritter sitting in the frying pan if you paid me mate, still like corned beef though.