Important announcement: I got a job!!!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by hpept, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hpept

hpept Member

Hello my friends.
    I would like to share with all of you this particular moment of my life. After a long time I finally succeeded in finding a job.
    I'll start next week to work for a company which produces satellites subsystems for the Brasilian Space Agency.
    Two weeks ago I decided to move from my city in the northeast of the country and caught a flight to the south (2000 km) to go to S.José dos Campos, where many aerospace industries have elected their centers, and tried my luck. During a week I made contacts with several companies and had various interviews. A couple of them were positive, and I did my choice.
    So here I am, with a new perspective for the future, full of hope and energy to spend in this further endeavour. It won't be easy, because I'll leave my wife and my son here, and God only knows when it will be possible to rejoin the family, but that's my chance... now or never.
    I would like to thank the members of this wonderful community which kept me sane during all this harsh time, and helped me to grow up in this hobby.
    Wish me luck...

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Congrats Roberto,

remember to take some paper models with you, to spend those lonely nights

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Congratulations Roberto! I hope you will be very successful in your new job. Maybe you'll get some ideas for new real space models, too! :)
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

All the best with the new job!
  5. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

good luck

Hope all goes well for you.
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Congratulaions on finding employment. I hope that your new job is challenging and invigorating. And whatever you do make sure to drop in on us when you find the time.

I wish you all the luck in the world...,

Best regards,

7. Kaz

Kaz Member

Congratulations, Lets hope you keep some spare time for building models.
  8. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

That's great news Roberto!:D

Sounds like a very promising opportunity!

Best of luck!:yep:

9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

Congratulations my friend

i am also after more than a 5 week i got fierd from my work
    i found a good one on some HITECK comepny
    i start on Tuesday
  10. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Again Roberto;

Well, that's the way it goes sometimes. Believe you me, I've had the odd year that went like that - you're not alone in that regard!::twisted:

However, I get the impression that the Brazilian economy is still doing good, and you got another position quickly so that's great!

Carpe diem! (Seize the day)!

11. Huey

Huey Member

Congratulation on your new job. I too had to leave my wife and son and I've been working in Afghanistan for 3 years already. It is hard no doubt, as each time I go for R&R, my son always ask me why I have to leave and work overseas. At a tender age of 6, he even prayed to God that he can find work so I don't have to go. It will be hard, but as long as you constantly communicate with them, things will become bearable.

I found this hobby and this forum on my first month here and have never looked back. I've made good friends immediately with Ashrunner, NOBI, DeWayne plus some of the other guys as I went along.

Take heed of the advices from this forum... bring paper models with you as it will keep you sane from those lonely days.
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Congrats! sounds like a great opportunity!
  13. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Here's hoping I'm not far behind you...
  14. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Congratulations and best wishes Roberto! I truly hope you don't have to be parted from your family for too long!

15. Clashster

Clashster Member

Congratulations, Roberto! And good luck with the new position. Hopefully you will be able to bring the family together soon! Take care,

16. hpept

hpept Member

Dear Friends,
    thank you very much for your words of simpathy and encouragement. I really appreciate how you all cheer for me.
    I'll go on being present here in the forum, maybe with less free time, but with no lesser interest.
    I wish to all who are currently looking for an opportunity, to find it soon. Just go on looking around and don't give up, sooner or later something will pop up. Things don't fall from the sky, except rain, snow, meteors and aircrafts.... oops, I forgot satellites. :grin:
    A big hug to all of you.

17. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Roberto, my deepest congratulations for you. Of course is a challenge to be far from your family, but hold on there, you'll see you'll come up with a solution real fast to be again with them. Just.. don't never let go of them.

Again... FELICIDADES!!

(Yaniv, congratulations to you too in your new job. Keep at it, man!).

18. Darwin

Darwin Member

Roberto, Yaniv, whoever else may have been hanging out in the cold lately, I'm glad for you. There is a light at the end of the tunnel....for the past 15 years, the lab I work at has been through several waves of layoffs, each of which I was at the point of finding lamb's blood to smear on my doorway, knowing I was in the awkward age of being too old to be attractive to a new employer and making too high a salary (at least in the company's opinion) to keep a low profile when the axeman cometh. Another wave is shortly upon us, but this time I'm fearing they won't select me (18 weeks severance pay a few months before I plan on retiring anyway wouldn't be hard to take). Hang in, will make it through. Just make yourself a good stash of toys while the green stuff (or whatever shade this new funny money happens to be) is still flowing in.:twisted:
  19. Regie

Regie Member

Congratulations Roberto!

Dude - you work in the Space Programme! If I didn't love my job so much I'd be jealous.

Actually, I'm jealous anyway! :)

Seriously, all the best, I trust and hope that everything works out exactly as you'd wish.
  20. angevine

angevine Member

Congratulations and all the very best for the future Roberto!

What an amazing opertuninty for you, I hope that this is an amazing year for you and that this year just get better and better for you.

In fact, I wish this to all our visitors and members of this site.

2006 was, to put it mildly, pretty c**p for me but I believe things can only get better and that new horizons are only around the corner.

I wish you well, and please keep us posted on how things go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.