Imperial AT-PT walker

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Here's another model I've wanted to do in paper for a while, the AT-PT, All Terrain Personal Transport.

I've got the modeling done, now I just need to texture it. I hate texturing, so I'll probably get someone else to do that for me.

I've got quite a few models on the list to build in Meta, among which is the Stormtrooper Blaster of course, which I'll probably get done in the next few weeks if I stay in the mood for CG modeling. :cool: I just need to fix that stinkin' barrel. wall1

The models on my list are:

Mon Calamari MC-80b Star Cruiser
    Acclamator-class Star Assault Ship
    Venator-class Star Destroyer
    Han Solo's Blaster
    Original Trilogy lightsabers
    Thermal Detonator
    Luke Skywalker's landspeeder
    Trade Federation Lucrehulk-class Battleship
    Invisible Hand
    Eclipse-class Star Battleship
    Executor-class Star Commandship
    Corellian Gunship
  2. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

He follows up a good looking resin kit with a good looking paper version!

Good on you man.
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

nice! ive been wanting to see this done as well!
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

I got some of the texturing finished on the cabin and the engine:

5. Tirt

Tirt Member

star wars AT series are my favourite subjects! :D
    I am looking forward to this.
  6. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

7. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

It's been a while but is there anything new for this??

Also, you should add the Malevolence(sp?) to that list. ;)

SEBRET Member

Would be nice to see most of this done.
  9. Kjev

Kjev Member

WOW Millenium! I really want/NEEEEEED one of these. Okay, maybe more want than need, but I've always loved the AT-PT. I tried to make a 1:285 scale one for Battletech once. Me + Sculpy + too long in the oven . . . . you get the picture.

But I love what you have going so far. How big will it be?
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

I'm guessing about 1:48 scale, so that should be . . . oh, about 3.5-4 inches tall depending on how you position the legs. I'm considering doing a 1:12 scale version, which should be about 12 inches or so tall. I don't think it'll scale down to 1:285, though; it's an incredibly small transport.

By the way, I'm a *fast* builder, but I am a very slow texturer. Add to that the fact that I'm busy with a commissioned set of concept drawings and other RL stuff, and I'm pretty sure this won't get done for a while.

I'm out of phase with paper modeling at the moment, so I'm probably not going to work on this one for a while.
  11. kk135

kk135 Member

Excellent! Looking forward to this one and many on your list.
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

I was hoping you'd say that.:mrgreen:

I wouldn't even suggest 1:285. At that point, I break out the modeling clay or something. Just not masochistic enough, I guess.
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

Actually I was thinking about doing a small one which uses laminating techniques for the detail, if Momir Farooq doesn't beat me to it.
  14. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Great stuff. how goes the E-11?
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

Stalled at the moment. I've had a *real* itch to model in plastic and I've got a few good(i.e., well-fitting) kits and some scratchbuilds that I'm working on to scratch it. Rest assured, I'll get back to my projects eventually. :thumb: