I'm starting to get it

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by smchristopher, May 12, 2012.

1. smchristopher

smchristopher 87.3% nerd

I was just searching the interwebs for some new models when I came across a cool archer model (Priston Tale Archery Girl). I thought the pic was really cool and immediately launched a search to find a download.
    Well, all I could find were torrent files. Before I joined this forum site, I wouldn't have thought twice about where I get my models. But I read the uhu02 gratitude thread and I was made aware of people stealing designers creations.
    It's my understanding that torrent files are pirate files. I won't have anything to do with them now!
    If y'all could let me know which sites support piracy, I would appreciate it so I can stay away. I'm still kinda new at the hobby so I am eager to get models to build but I don't want to disrespect any designers by downloading a pirated model.
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Actually, it is against forums rules to post sites that are pirate sites as that would be publicizing them.

If you are looking for a particular style or type of model, ask, I am sure we can point you into the right direction. :)

3. Szdfan

Szdfan Member

Not all torrent files are pirate files -- it's just a way of distributing files more efficiently. However, torrent files are often used with piracy.
  4. Vince

Vince Member

It's a good point though. How can you be sure you're not getting a pirate?
    I'm making my first design, and though I don't think anyone else will want one of what I'm making, I can understand and appreciate that no one wants their work stolen.

If you can't list pirate sites, could you do the opposite and produce a list of "original" sites that are known to not have pirates?
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have been this hobby for a long time. People can do what they feel comfortable with, there's no stopping it. It is too much work to post a legitimate model thread. Problem, some really great sites also have pirated models. It's better to do it one by one. If you are looking for a specific type of model, ask, I can probably find what your looking for, and once you've posted enough, there are also a lot of models in our downloads sections. Lists tend to cause trouble. So, one by one. If you think you have found a site, send me a P.M., I can tell you if it is a pirate site or not. :)