I'm smashing something

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by philip, Jul 3, 2003.

1. philip

philip Guest

Does any one use the Camedia Master 4.1 software for images?
    I did some posts with this software and the imaging was horrible. I reposted using the Xn view with no problems. The software came with the camera Olympus C-4000. Should I take the camera and software back for a refund. I spent over 500 bucks for this piece of crap! Any suggestions?

2. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Hi Philip, I use the Camedia Master ver 1.2 which is simply an uploader from camera to hard drive. I thought all digital cameras uploaded the file type you chose to take the photo .. ie. Jpg, Tif or whatever.
    If you are referring to an additional program for photo enhancement then that is quite another thing. Very few of those "Freebie" photo enhancement programs are worth the disk space they take up.
    On the other hand I've never heard of an "Xn" view.
    If you get good results at all, then there is nothing wrong with the camera which, from what can gather, is a pretty good camera.
    Personally I use Paint Shop Pro for altering photos from my Olympus but there are others just as good.

3. philip

philip Guest

Errol, The Xn View is the software that is free on the homepage of this website under adding images. I had my doubts about the camera at first until I tried the Xn view. The Olympus software for this camera is awful. My old Camedia 2.0 was easier and did a hell of a job resizing images. I was also thinking maybe the new image restrictions had something to do with the grainy images. Maybe the product rep will give me some usable software.

philip........... buyers beware of C-4000. Good camera, crappy software!
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Phillip keep the camera, lose the software. My Kodak is the same way. The software that came with it is good for getting the photos from the camera to the puter, but that's it. Anything else it's useless. If you own a scanner or printer check the software that came with them. My printer came with Ulead Impact and the scanner with Arc Soft (free with the hardware) and between em' I can do about anything I want.
  5. CSX6638

CSX6638 Member

Keep the camera, I have an Olympus D550, I loaded Camedia Master 4.1 but I never use it. I have a San Disk card reader to transfer photos to my computer, I use Microsoft Picture it for photo enhancement, and XnView to resize photos for posting.
    I am very satisfied with the Olympus camera. Camedia is another story. I have several other photo programs but I am use to picture it so thats what I use most. Post a few photos so we can see your results.
  6. philip

philip Guest

Thanks for the advise.

Have a great 4th of July:D

Attached Files:

7. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

That was a pretty good shot. So you must be doing something right.:) :) :)

Have a good 4th (and a fifth also if you have one) :D
  8. mykroft

mykroft Member

You can get Photoshop Elements for less than $100US. It's just about the best Photo editing software (Other than it's big brother Photoshop). And it's both Mac and PC versions on one CD.

The Olympus cameras are great, but there isn't a camera out there that comes with decent editing software.

Personally, I use iPhoto and Photoshop with my Finepix 30i, but I also do some serious retouching of scans from prints.
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

What's a Mac?
  10. mykroft

mykroft Member

A Mac is an Apple Macintosh, the Other Personal Computer.

Quite popular amongst the art types, especially for graphics and photo editing.
  11. porkypine52

porkypine52 New Member

Check this program for image editing. It is a free download. I got it off a bulletin board on eBay. I find it easy to use and the program doesn't have a whole bunch of extra stuff on it, that I don't use.
    Check out www.irfanview.com for the free download. You can send the program writer $10.00 if you want to after you have tried it out(but you don't have to if you don't want to!).