im new and need help please ?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by caprimanuk, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caprimanuk

caprimanuk New Member

Just built a new off roader , transfered all radio gear from my old car to the new , and now the steering servo wont work . Ive tried it on another channel on the reciever and noticed that it still doesnt work on that . The other working servo works fine on either channel 1 or 2 off the reciever . So what I did was take the faulty servo appart took off the gears inside then replugged it in and the one cog spins constantly !! have i got a faulty servo ? Will any servo type fit any reciever ?
  2. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

the servo is blown if just spins
  3. caprimanuk

caprimanuk New Member

yes it spins constantly ! what caused that is it common problem ? will any servo be ok as a replacement ?
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well, the cause is wierd to find out with out seeing it, but age is usually the common denominater with servo's that iv had. As far as replacements, basically all servo's will work, u may have to change the elads on them, but thats not hard. the only thing i would keep in mind are the demensions of the servo.
  5. caprimanuk

caprimanuk New Member

thanks for the help , its an acoms servo .
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

when you order a new one look for one witht he same demensions as the old one.they ussually have the demensions on the box or if you are ordering it they will usually tell you
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Try getting one that has metal gears it'll last longer. cost is more but well worth it.
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hey did you check the servo gears????? My servo stoped working all together so I put new gears in it and it worked fine!
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Were they metal gears?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.