I'm looking for an automobile bridge...

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by jntmjt1, Sep 29, 2007.

1. jntmjt1

jntmjt1 New Member

My layout requires a short bridge for N scale automobiles. I can't find one anywhere. Does anyone have source?

John Thomas
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Check Walther's. I've seen two different versions in their mini-catalog.
  3. jntmjt1

jntmjt1 New Member

Thanks for the info. I've searched their website, but I can't find the vehicle bridges. Do you have a part number and/or manufacturer?

Thanks again,
    John Thomas
  4. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Try Rixproducts.com . They carry two version of a hiway bridge (early and modern). You can also get them in 50' sections.
    628-0151 Early 50' Highway Overpass (N) $6.99
    628-0103 Early 150' Hwy. Overpass w/piers H 29.95

This is not the most flattering of pictures but it'll do... Is that what your looking for?
  5. or you can always give a crack at a scratch build project. maybe get a pictrue of a bridge you like????
  6. jntmjt1

jntmjt1 New Member

Thanks a lot. That is just what I'm looking for. Thanks again,
    John Thomas
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I can't find the sale flier that it was in, that was a few months ago and I usually throw them away once they've expired. One of them might be from the manufacturer that TrainNut mentioned. They had two listed, a retro from the 30's or 40's and a modern one.
  8. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Instead of scratchbuilding one, kitbash. I did when I was in N scale.
    I took an Atlas Warren Steel Railroad bridge. Cut a piece of piece of .020" styrene sheet for the decking and glued it right over the track. I also took some styrene girder shapes to make top crossbracing.
    Let me see if a can't find a pic of it.
  9. bill937ca

bill937ca Member

I would suggest Rix Products also, but I think there are more than two versions available:

Wrought Iron Overpass

Wrought Iron Highway Overpass

Early Highway Overpass

628-0103 Early 150' Hwy. Overpass w/piers H 29.95

Modern Highway Overpass

628-0113 Modern 150' Hwy.Overpass W/Piers H 29.95

Rural Timber Overpass

Rural Timber Overpass

You still find these along railway lines in Ontario, but slowly they are disappearing.

Monroe Models:

9007 Country Road Bridge

You may also find that European manufacturers like Faller or Kibri have highway bridges in their product lines.