I'm kinda bummed out right now....

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
While Spring is trying to make an appearance here in the South, I am feeling worn our and kinda sad.

First of all, I'm worn out because of my wife is in the final month of a very difficult pregnancy. That is why I havn't been here much lately. It seems like in the last month we have been going to either her doctor or the ER every other day. That is pretty hard on me considering that I work Midnight to 8am! :eek: :sleeping:

Second, my good friend and fellow N Gauger has taken another job about 400 miles from here, so I have nobody to hang out and talk trains with now. And just when the weather was getting good for train spotting! :(

Finally, I really want to do some painting and decaling of cars and work on my small layout, but I just don't have the time (see the first point above) or the room. And I really need to work on a car or two for the big BBQ at Val's this summer (even if I won't be there....).

Ugh, what a year. And it is only March.... :eek:

Michael

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Michael,, It sounds like it can only get better from where you are right now!!!!!.
So lets hope you Lady has a smooth delivery and baby is healthy.
And in 18 months you will have a little one seeing daddys trains.:D

I am sure you will meet another modeler, and if not may be it `s time to share your hobby with other people,, it`s catching you now this hobby:p :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Mack, Here's something that will cheer you up and maybe give you some motivation and inspiration......Big trainshow @ Marietta, Sat. 3.13.04. Cobb County Civic Center. I'll be there, try to make it if you can.:)

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Sometimes it's hard to have joy when you feel like you're being hammered from many directions. All parents have a multitude of worries even going through a "normal" pregnancy. When there are complications or problems, the happiness and joy that you feel in anticipation of the birth of your child gets sucked right out of you. You worry for your wife and for your unborn child.

Since this is the final month, this will soon be over and next we'll be hearing from you that you have a new addition to the family.

It's difficult to have a good friend move - because good friends that you can share a hobby with are hard to find. Perhaps another door will open for you.

Wishing you and your wife the best..

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Well Daddykins (Soon to be) I wish you and your wife and un-born child all the luck in the world.

Don't forget to name the first one after me LOL

By the way friend, you thought you had a little time for Models

He he, just wait till the baby arrives and wants feeding etc. :thumb:
Shamus

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Originally posted by Will_annand
Shamus McFortner.....

Yep, it has a ring to it.

Perhaps, but I think the other girls would make fun of her.... :rolleyes:

Vic, I guess it depends of if the baby is here yet or not. I'd love to go and bump into some fellow Gaugers. We'll have to see.

Michael

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Look at it this way, your wife is growing you another rail fan to go with you. Just make sure when you take the youngster railfanning, you bring along junk food, tons of pop, and always include a fast food restaurant in the mix; chances are, he or she will love rail fanning.

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Michael, I pray all goes well for you, your wife and your daughter. I too know how things go wrong. I have heart problems, still recovering from surgery, my wife can't find a job, I think it is the 60 yr old thing, I have been cut to 25hr weeks at work and today I found I got scamed on the internet, they got into my checking account now I am 800.00 dollars overdrawn and growing, I put a freeze on the account and don't know how long this will take to straighten out, I was already in a bine. Damn life sucks at times.
I will pray for you and family. Jim :cry:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Mac,I am also in a slump..I have some cars I need to replace the KD wanna bes with KD couplers,3 locomotives sitting on the paint shop track and 3 C&HV cars awaiting decals plus I need to build the bench work as I am extending my yard layout around the walls.
I haven't lost my interest in the hobby but just worn out from working 11-7 and overtime.:( Simply put I am burnt out from work and to tired..

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hang in there bud!
You are certainly not alone...As a husband, father, & modeler (who gets a little lethatgic about modeling, sometimes:rolleyes: ) I know exactly where you're comin' from!

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Michael, I exactly know how you and your wife are feeling. So I wish her (and you :D) an easy delivery. At least the waitung time is almost over! :)

About modeling time: Like Shamus said, just wait and see how little modeling time you have left when the youngest McFortner has arrived!
I remember staying up until 11 pm for the last bottle of the day for my daughter. My wife had some postnatal problems and had to go to sleep early. So I used the waiting time for reading some books - and that is where I got bitten by the narrow gauge bug, when I read some RR books about Colorado. Today I'd say that this 'lost' waiting time turned out as a blessing in disguise.

Cheer up - in everything is something positive. I hope you'll find it, too. And again all the best for you three! ;)

Ron

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Can't really add anything new to what's be said so well already, except to let you know that I'm pulling for you, your wife, and the newest McFortner. Hope all goes well.

I too am in a bit of a slump as regards my layout, and I have plenty of time to work on it. I have to remind myself every once in awhile, that it's for fun - not something that belongs on my Guilt List.

Hang in there friend!

Val