I'm just brilliant!!

Woodie

.......... or pretty useless and decoder installs.:rolleyes: One or the other!!:)

Trying to cram a decoder into a loco, soldered it in, put my heatshrink tubing on the soldered joins, fiddled, shoved, push, bent, big gloppy fingers in tiny spaces, and **SNAP** :curse: :curse: :curse:
The orange motor wire broke off right at the decoder!! :curse: :curse: :curse:

So, I gets me magnifying glass and alligator clip stand thingy, clamp decoder in it, get housebrick sized soldering iron, end of orange broken off wire, looks through magnifying glass, and holds five things in 2 hands precariously, and **GERBLOB** :D :D

Et voila!! :thumb: as they say. Works again, just like a bought one. :D :D

Then I went and did the same thing on the next loco, cept this time it was the black pickup wire that broke off at the decoder. :curse: :curse: :curse:

To cut a long story short, **GERBLOB** again, and et voila!! That one works like a bought one too!!:D :D :D

Aren't I just brilliant? :D sign1

GeorgeHO

I dread the day that will happen to me. My eyes are not good enough, probably will have to junk it, or totally redo it with bigger wires.

hooknlad

Any ideas on how to fix a GERBLOB??? I dropped mine on the floor and it went haywire, springs, thingamabobs, thingamajigs and whatzits galore. All from the orange wire that Woodie had mentioned - no viola this time ..

davidstrains

2slim said:
Woody,
If you have any extra GERBLOB's could I buy a few? Seems like I'm always out!!

2slim

Maaaybe we could start shipping these GERBLOB's around the country as Eoad's in "the Box". :eek: sign1 sign1 :D train97

cidchase

I got a GERBLOB or 2 on my track, but I try to cover 'em with ballast.

Woodie must be a Jumble fan, it's an anagram for GOBBLER

Ernest Lafleur

Hay Woodie,
Youn schould see me, I'm so nerves that when I pick up a full glass of water to have a drink, by the time I get the glass to my mouth the glass is half empty!!!!!
Kan you imagen me trying to solder those wire's to such a small decoder, I have to build a scaffold arond my work just to keep everything in the same place.
And you say that you have problems!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work professor.
Erne

Ernest Lafleur

question?

boppa said:
`modesty is just one of my MANY attributes...'

hi woodie
Hi boppa,
I see that you are from Australia. where if I may ask?
I used to live in Perth befor we moved back to holland, and believe you me I REGRET EVERY MINUTE OF IT:curse: :curse: :curse:
I lived there from 1954 till 1971 and sadley enough I have not been able to go back since:cry: :cry: :cry:
I would love to heer something from you.
Regards Ernest Lafleur.:thumb: