I'm home

McFortner

Well, it is Thursday AM here and I thought I'd post a quick message to all of y'all. I got out of Crawford Long Hospital last night and while I am (very) tired I am glad to be home. The doctors won't let me do much for the next two weeks, but that is ok since Kate's mom is here until Christmas Eve and Kate's aunt Janice comes out the day before that for a week too. So we'll have plenty of help for the two weeks I'm out.

The good news is that they sucessfully put in 3 stints in the right artery to my heart. That is more than they planned on because as they cleared up the main blockage, they found a disecting annurism they had to repair as well with two more stints. But that all went fine and as long as I remember to take my mecication daily (no problem there with Kate reminding me) everything should be ok for me.

The bad news is that in a month I'll have to go back and have this done again on the front left artery. That one is not quite a clogged, but will need to be done. I wish they had done it while they were in there, but the little suprise they found with the right artery prevented that. But I'm good with that right now.

I just wanted to thank everybody for their prayers and support over the weekend. It sure was a help. Now all I have to do is rest up and recover.

Thanks again,
Michael

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Glad to see you pulled through it and are back on the boards. At least you'll have us and the trains to entertain you. :)

CCT70

Great news, may your Christmas be the best ever, sounds like you're already well on your way to a great one.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Wow Michael! I'm so impressed and pleased to see you're able to get to the computer already! Rest up, happy holidays, and best wishes for your next procedure.
Ralph

shaygetz

Welcome back, I'm glad to hear most all is well...A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours:wave:

The B&MC crew is heading your way even now with their own favorite artery clearing device...just relax, open wide and say, "Ahhhhhh...":thumb:

plowA.jpg

Pooh Bah
Michael: welcome back to the land of the living! Not nice to have to go back, but...

A friend of mine went in for a triple bypass and came out with a quintuple bypass. I didn't know there were 5 places. We went and sat with his wife; our wives talked the whole afternoon and barely noticed the time passing, until it was getting close to 5:00.

Russ Bellinis

Glad to see your back with us again Micheal. Folow your doctor's orders and get well. My wife is a r.n. and she has told me that the biggest problem for heart attack survivors is a tendency to live in denial and start pushing themselves too hard and go back to the same diet and lifestyle that got them a heart attack in the first place. We want you around here on the Gauge for a long time.

RailRon

It's just fine that everything went well with the installation of these stints. And it is even better that you are at home now for the Holidays.
Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year!

Ron