I'm b-a-a-a-c-k!!!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Well, it pains me to have to do this, (although it'll probably be more of a pain to the rest of you) :D but it's time to show your appreciation for your favourites in the
Vote for March 07 photo contest
The voter tally seems to be stuck in the mid-70s and we have to get at least 100 voters in order to prevent the Gauge site from being shut down. (Just kidding about that last part.) :D :D The Gauge is a very photo-friendly site and I know that lots of us are inspired by seeing what others are doing, so please take the time to view these latest offerings and cast your votes for the ones that you like the best. And if my PBS-style reminders really bug you announce1 , then cast your votes for some or all of the other entries, making sure to skip mine. (At least I'm not asking you to send in your membership dollars):rolleyes: In fact, if you're on dial-up, and don't want to go to the trouble of waiting to see all of those photos (your loss, btw :) ) then just go to the link above, click on all of the boxes (except the one beside my name;) ), then click on the "Vote Now" thingy. It'll help us contest entrants to think that we're finally getting the attention we deserve, :eek:ops: (Did I say that?) and maybe encourage even more members to participate, both in the contest and in the voting.
And just to show that I'm not all "take-take-take": Thanks :thumb: to all who have voted already, and to those who plan on voting before the April 12 deadline, at 12:01pm.
Now I'll go lock myself in the basement until next month. Buh-bye.:wave:

Wayne

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
uh.... where are these photos located? I looked in the gallery under "contests" and only saw stuff from june and july?

jambo101

Feb 14, 2007
Montreal
Seems like you have to go to doctorwaynes link then click on all the links in the poll one at a time.Any chance of seeing them all at once in thumbnails?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jambo101 said:
Seems like you have to go to doctorwaynes link then click on all the links in the poll one at a time.Any chance of seeing them all at once in thumbnails?
Maaaan, do you know how much work that would be? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: A while back I tried several different ways of showing the entries in the voting thread. I even used the Gallery and links to the thumbnails there, but most methods where time consuming for me and confusing to those trying to vote. If I could, I'd put a thumbnail next to each name in the voting list, but I can't. After several months of different ways of doing things, we settled on making each name a clickable link, and that's about the best we're going to do for now.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
heck, learn something new everyday! That was easy, and some really nice photos. I voted for the ones I liked best. Hey, next time yall do this, clue me in and I'll vote again!

jambo101

Feb 14, 2007
Montreal
Don (EZ) Day ,thanks for your efforts,as i know basically nothing about PC applications i'll take your word about the complexities of doing it any other way..:thumb:

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Ezdays couldnt we just come to your house , have some coffee(maybe brunch) go over some 8 by 10 glossies and pick. You wouldnt have to do all that computer stuff but you may have to cook. lol