I'm a naw French man

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Teoz, May 1, 2005.

1. Teoz

Teoz New Member

Hello to every body

Excuse me if my english writing are approximative... I'm a SNCF Train Corail lover. I find that these coaches are really fun.... Everything in those coaches are confortable... I also love the trains technics as the SNCF B.A.L. (Block Automatique Lumineux), 25 kV and French 1.5 kV (I find it artistic), and the too rare prototype locomotives of French railways BB 20001 and so on.
  2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Welcome aboard! Glad you could join us. Do you have a model railroad layout?
  3. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Welcome aboard Teoz :wave:

What's a Corail? :confused:

Could you elaborate on this? moi, j'comprend pas!

Could you post a picture? Bien oui, une photo. Et voila!

4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hi Teoz, bienvenue à la Gauge! :wave: Could you tell us a little more about your layout if you have one - un peu plus concernant votre maquette?

Glad you joined us. Have fun!!!

5. rcline

rcline Member

hello Teoz, welcome to the gauge.
    Val - have long have you been speaking french?
  6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Welcome to the Gauge Teoz. Your English is good. Hope to see more posts from you.
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hey Randy, here in Canada we all learn French in school. I was lucky that my class started in Grade 4, with conversational French, because high school French was a crashing bore! :rolleyes:

I try to keep it up by watching some French language TV and of course visits to La Belle Province!

8. Teoz

Teoz New Member

Hy ...

The Corail is the acronym of "COnfort sur RAIL" and not the color of the coaches :oops: :oops: . For up to 30 years thiese coaches are used on main line transportation and now some have been renovated for regional trains. Y ou can see photos just down here.

Inside a Corail Plus First class coach[​IMG]

Inside a Corail Teoz Fisrt class coach

A Teoz train in Strasbourg, aren't the color fine :)

The BAL is a signalling system used on many SNCF lines to regulate the circulation of the trains.
    The 25 kV and 1.5 kV are the catenary voltage used on electrified routes. And to make the track circuitry (for the B.A.L. for exemple) and other systems working good there are some rules to apply.

[​IMG] That is a gif of the BB 20011 that as been used to test and develop the synchronous motors and supply chain. The results obtained on this model have been used for the TGV A (World speed record on rail).

Concerning model train, I have a little oval because of a lack of place... but soon I will make a greater circuit to have more fun...