I'm 16 making my first model rail road!!!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by I_LuV_AliyA, Jan 2, 2005.

1. I_LuV_AliyA

I_LuV_AliyA Member

:thumb: i know almost everythign bout model railtroads and im amking one in dedication to my girlfriend!

ill send pics when im finished.
  2. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

Great, look forward to seeing pictures.

I remember when I used to know almost everything about model railroads but somehow I must have forgot a lot of it.

Welcome to The-Gauge.

3. trainwhiz20

trainwhiz20 Member

Very cool. 16, eh?

Drat, I beat you by a year. I'm 15.:p

I have a 4'x7' starting up. Nice of you to dedicate it to your girlfriend. As long as you don't dump her after you repaint 95% of your rolling stock...

Hehehe. Good luck.:thumb:
  4. rcline

rcline Member

Welcome to the gauge there ID, or is it ILA. I use to know it all about everything too, even flying rails! But then I turned 50 and got dumb! At 60 I'll be even dumber and at 70 I'll be the dumbest rail flier around. By the way, let me know when you figure out what flying rails are!
  5. siderod

siderod Member

Ouch...i've been there and done that...wasn't 95%, only 2 locomotives, but it still counts :cry:

I just turned 16, and i'm deep (financially and physically) into my 10x11-footer, as well as my module, and soon a miniature, 1/8 scale, ridable locomotive and cars :D . I know what i know, and learn more and more all the time, hanging around with the guys from the 2 clubs i'm in, as well as on forums like this. :cool:

Do you happen to have a trackplan, or anything like that for what your going to do? I'm sure we'd all hate to see you spend the money on a layout for your girl, only to have it turn out badly. :curse:

Looking forward to seeing what you have done! :wave: :thumb:
  6. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

Not to diminish the inspiration, but I'd consider not lettering all my locos and rolling stock with anyone's name.

I'd also resist any impulses that involve tattoos.

Wayne, who was 16 once.
  7. siderod

siderod Member

Wayne, i agree totally...one thing i have (painfully) learned in past relationships is, they do NOT last at this age...i relettered 2 units with the help of my ex girlfriend, and put her name on the cab of one, and nickname on the cab of the other. a month later, we broke up...

I also don't mean to deminish the thought, but i wouldn't advise you do it either. Tattoos are a thing to run from if they involve names...i'm thinking of getting a small tribal or graphic dragon on my forearm, but thats it...

But, enough about my life, enjoy building your layout!:thumb:

8. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Welcome Aboard The-Gauge. :wave: As you will see everyone on here is helpful in one way or another.
  9. I_LuV_AliyA

I_LuV_AliyA Member

[​IMG]well this is the track design for it. Its not perfectly to scale (at all lol) but i've used ideass form Thomas the tank engine of having: An Expres Line (Black Line) and a branch line for smaller slower engines.

(Not quite sure how big the board is.. I'll mesure it later.)

Ive used mostly flexi track on my design, i also tore up my dads old rail road, and cleaned up the track to use on it. I've also had to make my own coustom tracks for it for my UK Locomotive Collection to run on the same track simultaniosly with my US Locomotives.

I've also set up a suspened track system (the Blue line) for a monorail looking route. It will run my speed bullets. and will definetly need and extension to complete it.

Ive already made plans for extending the rail road and ive laid out 2 lines already. Now all i need to do is start layign the blue line.

Also about my girlfreind we've been together for 4 years now... i've met the parents and everything, and theres alway some new problem that keeps us fighting together. We have big plans for the future and i have enough trust in her to know wed be together till the end. I can literaly feel it, and its hard to express it to other people.

And this girl is diffrent, we've been through ups and downs, and even when we wern't going out... I still love her. (sadly i had try to kill myself over her, but that was when i was depressed bout almost everyhtign in life.) but id die for this girl. and i could never let go of her even if she hated me.

BUt i was only going to put a brass plate by the side saying "The Aliya Aslam Project".
  10. siderod

siderod Member

Ohhhhh....well then, GOOD IDEA! :D Personally, i prefer the military approach...i wear dogtags.They're blank now, but they'll soon have the names of my girlfriends, as well as the get-together and break-up dates.

Whatever works! Good luck with both the girl and the train! :thumb:
  11. jetrock

jetrock Member

Well, one could always build a series of observation/private cars named after various ex-girlfriends...
  12. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

Nice layout. Looking forward to seeing photos of your bullet train.

You might think about adding a small yard with a few storage tracks in the area by your round house to hold extra cars

13. I_LuV_AliyA

I_LuV_AliyA Member

oh yah ive already started that. i just never put it on the design.
  14. rcline

rcline Member

I like the idea of naming engines after all my wives, thank God it's only two, the ex, who I shall call "The Bi Line" and my wife now of 12 years who I shall call ( and this really is her own words!) the "Bit#*" . LOL But I'm not sure if that is a good thing to put on an engine. When I owned a CB shop my wife called herself the Widow Maker, I think that I will paint an engine all black and call it that! LOL!
  15. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

I can foresee problems with that idea. They would probably be prone to derailments, coming uncoupled, breaking down and raising all kinds of general havoc throughout the entire system. :D :D :D :D :D :D
  16. I_LuV_AliyA

I_LuV_AliyA Member

17. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Welcome to The Gauge. Good to see that romance is alive and well! :wave:
  18. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge :thumb:

You could do what I've done. B&MC can be me and my wife's initials as well as the Basic and Mostly Credible. Car numbers come from our ages the year completed. MOW equipment bears her age the year of completion. Corny yes but it makes for easier Planning and Zoning as well as Budget Projection meetings. ;)

Attached Files:

19. I_LuV_AliyA

I_LuV_AliyA Member

lol awsome! I think i just might do that though. first i've got to buy somemore cars.
  20. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Oh my, that would cost me way too much money to buy all that rollin' stock! :D :D :D