Ilyushin IL-14

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by FredZ KSAC, Mar 19, 2007.

1. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Hey, all. does anyone know if there is a kit available for the Ilyushin IL-14, NATO code name 'Crate' ? A local museum has one and they do not have a model of it. I would like to fix that, if possible. Any info would be appreciated.
    Fred Z.
  2. Sumato

Sumato Member

I've never seen one. I would almost develop one, if I hadn't spent about 1000 hrs flying the Convair 580, which is almost exactly the same airplane. like the IL-14. I'll keep my eye out for one, somewhere.
  3. Maurice

Maurice Member

4. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Maurice, thank you for the information. I will have to see if they ship to U.S. and if they are available in stock. The one at the museum came from the Polish Air Force and AFAIK it is in flying condition. I KNEW that if I asked here, somebody would have the answer.
    Fred Z.
  5. agrarflieger

agrarflieger New Member

Hello FredZ KSAC,
    I builded the MDK-Verlag IL-14 two times, at first the "Deutsche Lufthansa"-coloring, my second Il-14 was the same model using silver paper, please look here:
    This model is available in any different colour schemes.

best regards

Attached Files:

6. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Thanks all for the help. I have e-mailed the company to see if I can order for overseas delivery and what the cost and procedures would be. We will see what comes back. Agrarflieger, very nice looking models. Gives me an idea what the finished model looks like.
    Fred Z.