IJN Yamato

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Kashiwazaki, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Kashiwazaki

Kashiwazaki KASHIWAZAKI SENA FAN!!

I want to build a model of the Imperial Japanese "Yamato".
    Can anyone send me a link, or at least their self work?
    Preferently, I wanted a simple or moderate-to-build model of this...

Arigato, mina! :wave:
  2. gogu13

gogu13 Gogu

yamato is kinda difficult to build due to the huge level of details.
    if you want to build one, try the Digital Navy model (1941 version), is relatively simple and is very big, over a meter long (over 3 feet). you can choose whether to do the full hull model or just the waterline model.
    the JSC model is the 1945 version, improved in firepower, so it has more details due to the addition of guns.
    other producers offer most same models (usually the 1945 model)
    i did not see simpler models. i just started the DN model an doesn't seem to difficult, but in order to do it a lot time and patience is needed.
    good luck & have fun
  3. Kashiwazaki

Yes, it will be hard to build this.

Besides, I'm building a three meter long model in cardboard of the IJN Suzuya, entirely made without any kit; it's just pieces done by me, and I'm guiding myself from images and blueprints taken from the Internet.

This card model of the Yamato will test the nerves and patience of any good scale modeller! :twisted:
  4. gogu13

gogu13 Gogu

you are right...
    now i'm building the yamato (from digital navy) with the full hull. it's my first full hull ship and is already testing my nerves (i'm still fighting with the internal structure of the hull). but it's fun and i enjoy every minute of it
    have fun on your Suzuya project. hope to see some pictures of it
    good luck
  5. Kashiwazaki

To follow the IJN Suzuya project by images, you might want to visit my MajHost page:

At least three images per week shall be uploaded.

6. kchallen

kchallen New Member

I still feel that starting with the hull, is like jumping straight into the fire, start with some of the easier sections, then build to the hull, If you get the hull badly wrong then it's a restart.... just my view