IJN Takao

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I'm still trying to lever my jaw off the floor after viewing the ship model threads.

Just a thought about rigging wire....

In lots of electrical equipment such as old auto spark coils, transformers, etc there often are coils of really fine, varnished copper wire. Is this a possibility for rigging wires?

Regards,

Charlie

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
I have to agree with the others, as well. The rigging looks great, Barry! Well done!

A.J.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Takao rigging

I think this is as far as I go on rigging now, flags are flying. I won't say she's finished as yet, I will probably take it into my head to rebuild bits and she still needs railings and davits.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
:D

Hi Barry

I think the ship is great, but it's upto the ship builder if you thinks she needs a refit in the future. I don't

Well done and whats next??

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
White bits

Hi

Just when you thought she had gone away. I spent a bit of time removing some of the more obvious white bits from the superstructure and turrets.

Soon have to make more railings etc.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Takao ships rails

Hi

First shot of Takao's rails, made on a Jim Krauzlis Mk II type rigging frame (frames supplied by "her indoors" in thick plastic "Thank you dear") with a cardboard backing with rails drawn on, put 2 coats of PVA on cotton, rushing too much should have been 3 or 4, but the result ain't too bad.

The current length is made from 3 sections of rail

I will have to put in some kind of support at the bow to pull it tight.

Chrysanthemum bow bit looks better for it's first coat of grey touch up.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Looking great, railings work well.

I was sitting last night after I'd had enough of Yamato with my sticks gluing them together. When in walks the wife "what are you doing with them" she says. Oh just making a jig for making railings I say.
After watching me get stuck up she says. Why not use my embroidary frame. It's a 12cm sqaure frame used to pull cloth tight and has a clamp on all four sides. It worked great!!

Enough of my rammble

Love the build

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Leave it to the "Better Half" to always come up with a better way of doing things...boy, I hate when they do that!! :x
Rob, will you treat us to a photo of how this newest jig works? :wink:
Rails came out great, Barry! They do add to what was an outstanding ship, providing a nice bit of extra detail.
Super job!! :D
Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Roman Thank you, please don't grow any less rebellious but don't put people off by saying it's difficult, it fits perfectly together, you just need patience and time it's not a rush job.

I will finish her soon now but ther are bits I want to redo

My only problem now is it Hood, Arizona or Fuso next ?

barry

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Nice job on the railings, Barry!

Don't know how I missed this earlier... too much traffic on the ship forum these days I guess! :lol:

AJ

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Miraculous work!!
The ship sees as really, everything looks so realistic.
I bend my head before you Barry!
Brilliantly!!
coolsmiley.de.02.27.0003.gif

With the best greetings

Scorpio

JohnMGD

Sep 26, 2005
Hello,

Why don't I see any pictures, I'm logged in but see no photographs !!!!!!

Hope someone can give me advice

Greetings

JohnMGD.

JohnMGD

Sep 26, 2005
Hello again,

In all other threads I can see the pictures, only the TAKAO thread don't show pictures.
I like to see this thread because I'm also in the finishing stage of building DN Takao.

Hope somone responds

JohnMGD.

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, John!:)

It seems a lot of the older threads did not transfer the photos when they were brought over to the new site...this one included.

I guess the only way to get the photos back is to have them reposted or imported by the thread author, but I don't recall the repository for the photos. Peter mentioned this within a few weeks of building this new site, but I seem to have forgotten where the picture files were being stored, and I don't know if they are still there.

Cheers!

Jim

R

rickstef

those pictures failed to move correctly when we moved to the new forum OS, unfortunately

Plus some pictures are in the main Gallery, didn't remember seeing any Takao pictures

Rick

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
From the dates on the posts, I suspected that was what happened.:( However, it does not imply they are lost and gone forever.:) :-D I just checked out my archives, and I did make a file of the Takao build pics.:-D I suspect that others of the old timers in the group may have similar personal archives squirreled away on their hard drives. Would it be worthwhile to launch an effort to retrieve some of the old strings, perhaps even converting them to an archive of pdf files? I would be willing to burn a CD of the strings I archived and contribute it to such an effort.

JohnMGD

Sep 26, 2005
Like to show one of my older TAKAO pictures, right now I'm in the the rigging fase of the model.

JohnMGD

PS: Tried to post a picture, but I don't no how, can someone help me with this !!!!

JohnMGD

JohnMGD

Sep 26, 2005
help !!!!! something went wrong with inserting the picture, how can I delete it and what to do to show a decent picture

JohnMGD

Managed to delete the picture, but how to show a good one

JohnMGD.

Status
Not open for further replies.