IJN Oyodo 1:1200

lehcyfer

Last year I've made this model - project by Masayu-i - available here

rightside.jpg

Ridiculously simplified - for example the black rectangles are 2-barelled AA guns - they could be better visualized than that! I like this way of modeling ships - nice way to have an entire fleet on your shelf :)

It was hard to glue together mostly because of lack of proper instruction - luckily there were photos which helped a lot. I should move the smokestack back a little - other than that didn't noticed any more errors of mine :)

Z

Zathros

I think it came out nice and if you took the fleet and floated it in a thin layer of lighter fluid, it would burn very nicely!! That website has a bazillion models. They're all really nicely done, there is a simplistic but eloquent nature to them. They are also good for entry level modelers and blowing up, unless you spent too much time on them! If you go to the Main page, they have a collection of Zoids models, and a whole bunch more Navy ship models. There's also a Titanic, though I haven not figured out how to download it (I have to try a bit harder, it looks really nice!). I think this is the main page.

http://masayu-i2.seesaa.net/category/6191655-1.html

I just found the Titanic, I'll make a separate thread!!

I don't know about doing the Viking Funeral trip with them but he does build a nice clean model although a little on the tiny scale size for my tastes. Thanks for sharing buddy.

Z

Zathros

I don't know about doing the Viking Funeral trip with them but he does build a nice clean model although a little on the tiny scale size for my tastes. Thanks for sharing buddy.

I was thinking of a performance art set up with the right lighting, smoke, etc, it would be awesome! :)