IJN NAGATSUKI from GreMir Models

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Looking great, Rob! :D
Nice looking mast, and fine work on the details!

Maybe you could post a few more photos when you can? :wink:

I look forward to the photo of the work stand...that's okay if Mo is on it, just keep her in the picture. :lol:

Cheers!

Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Last bit for tonight.
Fitted some of the steam pipes to the funnels and a funnel cap.
Also started to fit the sights to the guns and the other bits that make them up.

Thanks boy for the kind words :D

More tomorrow now as its 3.10am here

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

This is more to test out if I can still post after the hack :evil:

I have fitted the first depthcharge storage rack and another ships boat plus a few other bits.

More later

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
You are doing outstanding work there, mate! :D

I just LOVE the overall shot, gives one a superb idea of the size and all the great little details you've added...besides being a great test of the forum post-hack. :D

More when you can, mate. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Amazing work, Rob! All those small bits on the stern look superb, and those supports that rise above the hull and curve inward are immaculate! :shock:

AJ

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Just a little up date for tonight.

The funnels are finished with all the pipes in place and I have added a few of the metal parts upper boat deck.

Only three photo as I have fitted the aft mast and only twigged I can't move her to take photos until the glue on the mast is set :roll:

The last photo is to give an idea of the scale, the hull frames next to "Nagatsuki" is HMS Savage and one other :p

For the size of ship this model has a big parts count, each bollard has three bits, each main gun has twenty parts. When you think that you can fit a gun onto a cent coin with room to spare thats a lot of parts.
If you fit the sixteen small bollards around the deck that comes out at 48 parts :shock:

More tomorrow when the glue is dry

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Merseyside in full swing good to tell you are on holiday well from work anyway. It's got a lot of character and looks superb. The bottom destroyer looks faintley American.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Spot on mate it is a US destroyer, the flush deck does give a hint.
For the rest any idea which one, if not you can have another shot as the build goes on :lol: :lol: :lol:

More latter

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Almost done, a few more bits on the bow, one depth charge rack.
Then it down to sratch builing ten vents to fill in the white spots on the bow and after deck, these I will do tomorrow.
Just the rigging then and a few bits on the aft mast.

More tomorrow

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
I love it, Rob! :D

Absolutely clean and crisp work, well executed construction, and so quickly...you amaze me. :shock:

Lots of great photos, mate! Shows all the good stuff on this outstanding model. Looks like it is almost done...and hopefully more photos to follow. :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Thanks Jim

I should have it done tonight, not including the rails as I have only just started to pop all the holes in the decks for these :roll:

Its a very good model to build, for its size a lot of detail has gone into it.
Well worth the money Mike ( www.gremirmodels.com ) is asking for her. The fact that its on CD means you can print it again and again after hitting the bits that don't look right with the five fingered hammer :lol: :lol:

Next will be the US destroyer hull in the other photo and at the weekend back to Big Mo as I think I have her problems worked out now :roll:

Should be fun :D

Thanks

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Well all thats needed now on this build is the rigging and glue two parts I knocked off fitting the rails.
The rigging won't be done now until I finish HMS Savage, I will get my rigging box out and do all four on the same day :roll:

Some photos of how she looks now.

The other destroyer in the phots is Modelik's USS Leutze although with the amount of errors in the kit, Mikes new Glowworm model looks more like a Fletcher class destroyer :lol:

Next

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Back again

Tried to post these last night but my system kept restarting, I still don't know why :?

Here are the photos I missed out

I will post photos of all four when they are rigged.

A dam fine kit this, much better on CD as you WILL need to print some parts just once or twice :lol:

More then

Rob