IJN NAGATSUKI from GreMir Models

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
jrts said:
I just find that if I work to a system they go together better, not reading the instructions helps :lol:
And yes there is only one short, fat, baldy guy here :D
Rob

matter is already settled. Glowworm will hit the net without instructions, so if anybody complains I will blame it on Rob :D

Great looking model, argh, I meant great skill in building this beautiful model :D

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

A few more bits added, its been a bit slow with cutting my hand on a glass.
Its hard to do the small bits with my left hand only :roll:

I did get all the major deck housings fitted, aft torpedo tubes and a ships boat made.
It has not been fixed in place yet, I have started on the small fittings now the bandage is off and Iam down to just a big plaster :roll:

This thing just flys together with no fit problems at all, if you are looking for a destroyer to go with your fleet this is a must.
A very nice model to build 8) a must have ship!!

More later

Rob

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Although Cutting my hand on a glass has slowed me down a bit, I should have all the card side of this build done by tomorrow.
It all goes together that well, Savage that I already have will have to be next while I wait for Mikes other two destroyers.

Mike

As for written instructions, only Romans and yours models have had instructions that I can read. Most being in Polish or German ect. :lol: :lol:

Well down to the important stuff the photos
A lot of small fittings still to do, the ship is so detailed that a lot is hidden by other parts. This can only be seen by building it, no photo will show the true detail on this model.
A highly recomended build for any level of skill, if you muck it up just print it again :roll:

Next

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
An over all photo of the ship to date!

And totaly off topic.

What my lads and I are spending our weekend doing.
A great day out at the Worth Valley Railway, so much so we are going back tomorrow 8)

More build tomorrow

Regards

Rob

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
A great looking model, Rob! And you just started building it this month?!?!?!!! :shock: It's certainly a very fine, and very speedy, build. :lol:

AJ

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Great looking build again

Is that a Black 5 the kids are standing next to.

Tomorrow keep your head in the train I want to see the end of this build. I salute your stamina !!!

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Great to see your little guys, Rob! :D Obviously they get their good looks from their mother. :lol:

Great looking ship, and I echo the comments of AJ; can't believe how quickly you are putting this one together. :shock:

Looking forward to more photos when you can, mate!

Cheers!

Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Glad to see the mitts are still working Rob still looking for a sunny day in Liverpool. Areal treat again.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Fitted a few more bits, its taken a bit of time to do these small bits with my left hand, doing silly things at the weekend got me a right chocking off from the quack and the bandages back on :roll:
This ship has millions of small bits that for its size giving it amazing detail 8)

Anyway here are some up date photos for now and I will post some more tomorrow

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Hi, Rob! :D

I am thoroughly enjoying your build, particularly all these nice little bits and pieces you are now adding...it does add so very well to the overall model, and you are carrying it out famously!

Keep at it mate...and hope your mitts are better. :D

Cheers!

Jim

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
jrts said:
And remember that if you kit comes with a stand, us it or you will have a bent prop shaft like this one :roll:

yeah...
I've been wondering what happened to the stand. You showed it at the beginning (Thank You! :D ) but that was the only occasion....

No matter - I said it before and I'm saying it again - splendid work!

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

Well the bandages came off today so its back to normal :D :D

Fitted a lot of the small bits to the deck and started the davits and depth charge throwers.
I want to get some good photos outside but it never stops raining.
Building this has been great fun, so much so that Savage will have to come next along side Arizona :roll:

Well to the photos!!

Next

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Next

Mike she will be on her stand tomorrow I need a solid base while I fit the masts, pipes ect :D
I use a stand that has padding in it while building these things. It will take most sizes of ship and I can tilt the model without damage ect.

More later if I can

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
You got a lot done, Rob! :D
Glad the bandages came off...that should mean we get to see a lot more of your builds, right? :wink:

Really outstanding work, mate!

Do you think we can get a look at that stand you mentioned? :D

More photos when you can, please.

Cheers!

Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi all

A few more bits added, a mast some search light loads of bollards and deck vents.
The mast is made out of wire soldered together.
I will try to post some more later

Jim
I will put a photo of the stand I use tomorrow, Big Mo is sitting in it while some glue goes off and can't be moved yet.

More later

Rob

Next