Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Sk8forlife108, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sk8forlife108

Sk8forlife108 Member

I have the tower st-15 and when I try to start it, it starts a lil then dies quickly and the engine floods often. Please help I've tried re-setting the needles and they are correct.
  2. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

ive got some skateboard stuff you looknig for anything? and your leting to much gas in the engine is the muffler letting out gas and you alos might wanna try a new glow plug do you know how to make it so less gas gets into the engine?
  3. pimp

pimp Active Member

bad carb settings
  4. Sk8forlife108

Sk8forlife108 Member

No I don't know how to make it so less gas gets into the engine and yes it's coming outta the muffler, and what do I set the carb at?
  5. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

maybe u need a new carb? how old is it?
  6. Sk8forlife108

Sk8forlife108 Member

I hope I don't need a new carb I just got the truck on thurs and couldn't run until fri then yesterday I didn't use it.
  7. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

prolly not then
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

check the glow plug to see if it is good or not. Is the engine broke in? some times after the break in a engine needed a new glow plug. Is the glow plug in tight? After you unflood the engine DO NOT prime the engine again just start it right after you un flood it and it should start up pretty quick. If none of this works try calling Tower once and see what they say.
  9. mr_chris04

mr_chris04 Member

thats the best way to go
  10. redheat

redheat Member

I to believe that you should first start with a new plug reset carb. to fact. setting , next lean carb. 1/8 turn cw try starting , make sure that your plug ignitor is fully charged I dont no how many people that I have helped with bad ignitors , an yes I read were you said it starts then dies. As you break your motor in your gonna have to make adjustments to the carb. take note to the adjustments that your making .
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

also not all engiens are the same. ! engien could say 2 and a half turns out for the main needle while another could say 3. Follow the directions and make shure you are looking at the right info for that engine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.