If It's GERN It's Good

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
cripes doctorwayne, i am just slap...FLOORED!jawdrop not only is Gern done so detailed and immaculate, but i have to echo the others on all the surrounding details and the water. i find your work to be NOTHING less then OUTSTANDING!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: THANK YOU!, for posting the factory tour. i am anxious to see your future picture postings. VERY INSPIRATIONAL! THANKS!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Just bumping this up to let any interested parties know that the pictures in this thread are all available for viewing in the Gallery.

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Docotrwayne, this is truly the best industrial complex Iv'e ever seen. Thanks for showing us all the pictures.:) I don't think I could make a complex like this even if I tryed. Fantastic work :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I never tire of seeing pictures of your layout doctorwayne. Each one teaches me something and inspires me to improve my layout in some way. Really amazing work that deserves praise and admiration.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Due to proprietary considerations and a pack of GERN corporate lawyers, :p;) I'm unable to answer your question in detail. However, as you can see from the ad posted with this thread, GERN Brand Flux is used in many products that we use everyday. It's also used in glassmaking, brickmaking, steelmaking, why, almost any kind of "making" that you could think of, and as a finishing agent for paper, textiles, and many plastics. It's invaluable as a binding agent in many processed foodstuffs (did you never wonder why your Twinkie doesn't fall apart?) and as an additive in livestock feed, gasoline, and most synthetics. Of course, as you can tell from this list, it's also an excellent fertilizer. ;)
A GERN facility, even a small warehouse, can make an excellent addition to any layout, simply because GERN Brand Flux is used everywhere, generating enormous amounts of traffic for any layout. Even if you don't want to create any GERN rolling stock, any of the many fine GERN products can be moved in any suitable tankcar, boxcar, or covered hopper.
Just remember, you don't really need to know what flux is: all you need to know is that "If It's GERN, It's GOOD"! :-D:-D

Wayne

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Just remember, you don't really need to know what flux is: all you need to know is that "If It's GERN, It's GOOD"!

Heck, I'm not biased. I mean, just look at that quote right there. That is classic, quintessential doctorwayne. Totally absurd, but absolutely rational! I love it!

mooreway

Jan 31, 2007
St George, UT
www.mooreway.com
Thanks for the inspiring pictures. I have been debating a similar type of industry for the Mooreway and Lizard Gulch Ry I am building right now. I also enjoyed the story to go along with it. I helps the Industry come to life....

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Beautiful, Charlie: GERN's answer to heavy water - GERN Brand Dry Water - with 3% of the wetness removed, for a smoother, drier taste.
Get professional quality dry cleaning at home for a fraction of the cost - use GERN Brand Dry Water in your washing machine - your clothes will thank you.
New from the GERN Family of Fine Products - make dry ice at home - 3% colder than regular ice, and only pennies a day.

GERN'S Research & Development Department has a place for you, Charlie. ;)

Wayne

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
Doc, I have 2 questions.

1.) is GERN a publicly held company? I think I could use stock in a company as encompassing as GERN in my portfolio!

and 2.) do you charge admission for tours to your layout?!? Holy cow you are a master at scenics.

George

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Jan 21, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think if GERN were public, it would cause a major crash in the market. Just because it flux products are so damn good it would even make crude oil stocks look like junk bonds. :grin: