IE problems with the site??

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Bowdenja, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Is anyone else having a problem with Internet Explorer and the site? Whenever I hit the back button I get the can page expired message. Hitting it again reloads the page.........just a pain in the B**t.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

I havent been having any trouble with IE and the site. However, since you stated that "when you hit the back button you get the "expired" message, but, when you hit back again it reloads the sounds like an IE problem and not the site.
    You might make sure you have all the latest updates to your IE. Or you might run your system scan/scan disk, maybe there is an error on your computer.
    I know that my younger brother has cable internet and never turns off his computer, therefore he never runs scandisk and he occassionally developes problems which I am inevitably called upon to fix. Usually running scandisk or making sure all the updates are current fixes the problem.
    If you have a virus protection program, it wont hurt to run it also.
    another thing you can do is delete your temp internet files and cookies.
    Another thing you might do is run adaware to remove any "tracking cookies" they are usually harmless but will sometimes slow or otherwise mess up your computer.
    If you dont have "adaware" you can search it out on google, its a free program and something everyone should have.
    If you dont know how to delete temp internet files or cookies, just reply here and I will let you know how.

Hope this helps,

have a good day,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)
  3. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

IE? What is it? What, you are not using Opera or Firefox?:)
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I don't know what IE is but whenever I try and load the site it comes up for just a second and then I get an error message and there is a link on the page for and I click that and everything comes up just fine. Is a little annoying though.
  5. hpept

hpept Member

i'm using Firefox and since i restarted to visit the forum it doesn't seem to recognise me when i connect. I say it seems, beacause although when i enter the forum address the page loads into a visitor profile (which means it doesnt show my personal data as if i have or not new PMs, how many new topics since last visit and so on), if i click on any topic it magically opens up a new page in which i'm logged as my profile. Pretty annoying, since i have to do this all to make my profile show up. Any hint?
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Internet Explorer is problem # 1, it was developed by Microsucks, my opinion...GET RID OF IT ! it has back doors and holes big enough to drive a truck through ! Firefox blows pretty hard too, especially if you download alot , 90% broken downloads for me. I use Netscape browser (7.0 I think). It is a humongus download but well worth it in the end. I have never had one single problem with Netscape...been using it since 1998.:grin:
  7. I had the exact same problem that John describes earlier in the week (Mon, Tue), but everything seems fine now.
  8. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

John, same problem here. Came, messed things up for a while, then left. ?? Weird!! Don't ya just love computers and the internet??
    Fred Z
  9. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Hi, sorry to everyone who's having trouble with the site. Among the things to try are deleting cookies and logging in again, making sure you have the most recent browser, check for spyware on your computer, and make sure it's not your security settings doing it. When a lot of people have the same problem, it makes me thing there's a problem on the site, but when people have different problems it could be anything.