idle screw problems

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by darkendlight88, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i own a sirio .12 outlaw engine. im having trouble finding the idle screw. i hav the slide carb. i found the high end and low end. the screw on the back i believe is the mid range. were is the idle screw.
  2. The idle screw is a screw that comes out of the carb at an angle. It has a little spring on it.
  3. i no wat an idle screw is, this isnt my first car but im just sayin i there is no screw on my carb like that
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Start looking for a hole then , or your just over looking it.
  5. im not looking over it. look at pictures of the engine ull see there is none. there is no hold for it as if it was missing. theres only three screws. the high end the low end and the mid range.
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Looked on the Trinity site couldnt really find anything on your engine other than saying that it has a h/s and m/s . That thing has got to have a idle screw didnt you get a instruction sheet or do your home work before you decided to buy it?
  7. i did do my homework, and the instruction booklet doesnt say anything about it
  8. redheat

redheat Member

I'm lost then , I just cant imagine that one of those screws doesnt have something to do with the idle, thats like the first adjustment you need to do when tuning a carb. that mid . screw has got to be it. can youstart the rc and try it or look down the throat and adjust that way?
  9. Ya, take off your air filter (with engine not running) and peek down the carb. Try adjusting all the screws and the one that rotates the barrel should be it. Thats the only way I can think of that you can find out which screw controls idle adjustment.
  10. Ya, take off your air filter (with engine not running) and peek down the carb. Try adjusting all the screws and the one that rotates the barrel should be it. Thats the only way I can think of that you can find out which screw controls idle adjustment.
  11. jimmy

jimmy New Member

take out the air filter ...that works

Foul language removed
  12. redheat

redheat Member

Your not gonna get positive attention by posting remarks like that and I think that you no that .
  13. redheat

redheat Member

88, any luck yet?
  14. yea the midrange did it thanx alot u guys
  15. redheat

redheat Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.