Ideas ???

rockislandmike

I got Model Power's "Bella's Farm House" and Life-Like's "Town Church" (see below) for Xmas last year from my well-meaning mom. I was thinking about maybe kit-bashing the pair into some type of industry, but can't come up with anything. Any ideas??? I could always add an old converted boxcar to the mix or something like that too................................

bellafarmhouse.gif

townchurch.gif

Tyson Rayles

The house could be converted into a station or depot. Don't know what you would do with the church. Why not set them back until you are ready for houses and churches?

rockislandmike

I probably will do that with the church, Tyson. Just thought one o' the members might have an extraordinary idea that I hadn't thought of, cause it happens quite frequently.

The church I really can't do much with, so I'll probably add it later. The house is a little too big for a house, though, so I might make it into a hotel. I saw some stuff on the web about people doing that.

Tyson Rayles

If you got rid of the fake ground, fence, porch railings and other ginger bread it could sit next to the yard and be a rooming house for the railroad workers. You can also seperate the 2 sections of the house ( I did for the farm house on my tobacco farm) and use em' that way.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Tysons idea of using the house as a station is a good one. Back in the mid to late 1800's, the real Central New Engalnd used to rent rooms from private homes along the right away as stations.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Then,,,, you could make the house a pipe organ factory, and the church, minus the steeple could be the showroom. Attach the church to the house in a convenient place, provide a loading platform, and "viola"!!
Pete

You don't want it too close to a waterfront,,,the last thing you want would be crabs on the organs.:D :D :D :D

BDC

You don't want it too close to a waterfront,,,the last thing you want would be crabs on the organs.:D :D :D :D

Pete, I think you just begun to scratch the surface on that one. If you get an itching to, post more ideas. Hope nothing's bugging you. :rolleyes:

OK, now that I've made sure that joke's good and dead..

You could "condemn" the house with the windows boarded up or in the process of being torn down to make way for more buildings.

The church could be turned into a restaurant near the tracks along the lines of "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie.

Just some ideas.

What about a scene depicting the church in the process of being moved to avoid the wrecking ball due to an industry expansion.

To make it more interesting, there was no way around having taking it right down main street.

t.