Ideas Please

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Knighthawk, Mar 17, 2006.

1. NH 2525

NH 2525 New Member

I like the approach you are taking to doing your layout. I may "borrow" a couple of the ideas mentioned by others in your thread to include in a few places on my layout.

2. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Kevin, if you're going to do smoke, I would use something like dry ice instead. Everyone I've talked to about using smoke, as in a steam engine, says that it leaves an oily film over everything. The dry ice should give you the same effect without the residue.
  3. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

One thing to remember about thunder and lightning is that they don't have to be in sync. Thunder from distant lightning takes a while to get to you.
    I've collected quite a few WAVs of thunder. If you would like, I could email them to you. :wave:
  4. How about a drive in theater with a marquis with standard horror flicks and maybe a backlit transparency or a slide of a movie still for the screen?
  5. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Thanks for the tips Clark. I've got some thunder wavs already. The info on the smoke residue was new to me though, you sure saved me alot of trouble and mess there! The drive in theatre is a pretty cool idea too Jules! It would be a nice way to pay homage to an almost extinct piece of some of my fondest childhood memories!
  6. viperman

viperman Active Member

May I suggest a frame from The Shining?
  7. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Thanks viperman! Heeeeeeeeers Johnny!
  8. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I watched "The Shining" last night, and it gave me another idea. I could put in a hedge maze like the one in the movie, complete with little lights. I could even have people being chased through it by ghosts!(Lets not get started on the obvious Pac Man refrences here LOL)