Ideas Please

jimbob005

Nov 26, 2005
if you can get a small uv light to be fitted on your train you could do some good things with a uv pen/paint as the train passes they will then show up and it will give the train a spooky look to

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Turn a seated LPB into a witch on a broomstick. Mount her on a thin, stiff, black wire and have her circling the haunted house.

The "Supernatural" is nothing more than a natural phenomenon that hasn't yet been explained. We've been using electricity for a long time, and yet even now no one knows for sure how it works.

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
Great ideas all there guys! Your point about the supernatural is 100% accurate Clark, one day, these phenomena will be explained. But first, mainstream science MUST put aside its preconceived notions and prejudices. Only then will people like Larry and myself, (and so many other men and women in the field), be able to put our methods, and findings into the hands of professionals, who will work along with us, brining their abilities and resources to bear on this field of study. Then, and only then, will we be able to finally explain how these phenomena operate, and how to deal with them, thus eliminating millenia of misunderstanding and fear of what we do not now comprehend.

Kevin

mainstream science MUST put aside its preconceived notions and prejudices.
???
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe that ,when "paranormal researchers" can successfully
and objectively formulate and test rational hypotheses, employ the scientific method in
their investigations (i.e., put aside their preconceived notions and prejudices), and achieve
some semblance of reproducible results, obtaining data using quantifiable units, then
"mainstream science" would be only too happy to accept their findings and to support
and extend their research. It's unnecessary to be a "professional" scientist, or to have extensive resources, to advance scientific knowledge.
Then, and only then, will we be able to finally explain how these phenomena operate, and how to deal with them, thus eliminating millenia of misunderstanding and fear of what we do not now comprehend.
Exactly. Trains, anyone?

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
As I said before, I approach each new case with the idea that it is not of the supernatural realm. I go to great extremes to research, test, validate, and document each one of my cases. As an example, the case that I was on last night I have been working on for two years. This family is plagued by something in their home. In addition to my own knowledge in these matters, I have called in(at my own expense), geologists, civil engineers, building inspectors, electrical engineers, and several other professional people of various fields. Before I bestow the title of "Haunted" on any case, I make absolutely certain that it deserves it. Yet, after I present my findings to the so-called scientific community, the result is the same as what others in my field will tell you...out and out derision, as well as personal attacks on my reputation. All without so much as looking at the facts. I stand by my previous post. Back on the topic of trains though, you guys have come up with some terrific ideas! Thanks one and all!! Keep 'em comin'!

Kevin.

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
I was just thinking, what if I put a covered bridge on my layout? I could do all sorts of stuff with that. Maybe a Sleepy Hollow/ Headless Horseman scene. Also, I have just purchased Vollmers Vampire Villa(say that 5 times fast!), in N Scale, so it should look good. This just occurred to me, I have many N Scale Gravestones, but I have not seen one single Mausoleum in N Scale anywhere. Does anyone know of any?

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Great idea for a layout!

I've seen a kit for the Bates Motel from Psycho in HO scale, but don't know if it comes in N scale.

How 'bout using some rotating mirrors or lenses hidden behind foreground scenery to project moving ghosts against the background?
Doc

Doc

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
I like it!!!! I'll see if I can find some pictures of the Bates Motel, and perhaps kitbash one in N Scale. The rotating mirrors idea sounds cool too!

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
Not a bad Idea! I was thinking about hiding a couple of smoke generators in the "Haunted Woods" that I'm planning on my layout, but this might do the trick. One of my ideas was to have a small cemetery, with an old ruined church in a little clearing, and have a procession of ghostly monks wandering in and around the area, complete with a light fog, and it looks like this will do nicely.

Thanks Cid!

Kevin.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Once you have your fog working, try projecting images from slides on/into it. You'd have to experiment, but the effect might work. You'd probably have to build a mini projector box with a grain of wheat bulb inside and whatever slide image you wanted to project (clear silloutte of a person, in a black matte) on the fog.

Something on the lines of a pin-hole camera comes to mind for simplicity. You can use transparency film for printers to make the slide. Let the slide be the lens. If you can make the clear silloutte small (1/8"-25" high), maybe even smaller, it should project a fuzzy:thumb: image.

<Note> I've never made a mini projector before, so I can't claim that it will actually work, but it would be worth a try. You would probably have to find the optimum viewing agle too to pull off the effect. Mioght want to try back projection also.

jimbob005

Nov 26, 2005
you could have a bottom less pit , dracula , wherewolfs , you could make a lot of thing move by magnets