Ideal idle speed??

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by bandit1, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

im not new to rc, but im just getting used to the nitro end of it now. I'm just starting to breakin the engine on my XTM Xcellerator, everything is great and it idles pretty good, especailly once its warm....but i wanna know what to look for in a very well idling engine. thanks
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

You want it so the engine will stay running but the car won't move at all.
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

awesome, i got it to do that tonight. thanks!
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

sweet, I bet that engine once fully broke in it will fly!
  5. is that the .18 in the excellerator
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Yep, it is.
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ya, i think its very near fully broken in because when i go to pull the starter, it pulls very easily and fires within like 7 pulls. before it took a LOT more. I ran it around at low speeds for another full tank and it sounds like everything is is good. I just have to now lean it out a little bit because wen i give it throttle, fuel spits outta the exhaust. but I'll get it! maybe post some pics...
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

That would be sweet to see some pics of it :)
  9. digdug72

digdug72 Member

how's your rc doing bandit?
  10. bandit1

bandit1 Member

pretty good, im LOVING nitro!!! i live in apartments so i dont really have a yard, but theres this gated in area that no one ususes behind the building thats like rough black top with grass around it, so i've turned that into a track. its kinda small but im gonna get my truck geared for it. but ya, i gotta get some pics up of it...i'll see what i can do.
  11. digdug72

digdug72 Member

we'll be waiting on thos pics!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.